• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Saturday, October 10, 2020 Severe Potential

weatherwiz

Almost two hours of thunder and lightning and almost an inch of rainfall... but no wind with the storms and nothing remotely close to severe here.  Just a heavy rainer.

However now that it’s ended, the NW winds are honking here... much higher winds than anything during the t-storms. CAA beginning.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Almost two hours of thunder and lightning and almost an inch of rainfall... but no wind with the storms and nothing remotely close to severe here.  Just a heavy rainer.

However now that it’s ended, the NW winds are honking here... much higher winds than anything during the t-storms. CAA beginning.

Weird. Winds have been ripping all day here but basically zero rain with these storms so far. Opposites today! LOL

7 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Weird. Winds have been ripping all day here but basically zero rain with these storms so far. Opposites today! LOL

Ha, yeah it was breezy this afternoon out of the SW but when it started raining it went dead calm :lol:.

I bet your area does real well on the south and SW wind like we had today, seems you’ve been noticing real gusty stuff on that direction.  I don’t know what’s behind your place (like literally behind it, forest?) but given that view and your field, you seem especially exposed to those SW/S wind flow more so than other directions.  Probably get some great mixing in the lee of the Presidentials on that flow too.

Be interesting to see what you get when we have one of those 90kt low level H85 southerly jets during a strong winter low going west of us.

Just now, powderfreak said:

That's awesome.  That's a solid wind gust to be measured by a PWS.  Is that your highest since moving there?

I believe so. I’d have to look back. 

Definitely sounded the loudest since we have been here. The wife and kids panicked and ran into the basement. I finished my dinner upstairs. Haha

• Haha 2

Just now, PhineasC said:

I believe so. I’d have to look back. 

Definitely sounded the loudest since we have been here. The wife and kids panicked and ran into the basement. I finished my dinner upstairs. Haha

Ha!  I picture the family running to the basement in panic and you just lean back, take a sip of wine, relax and take the phone out of your pocket to see what's up on AMWX and radar.

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha!  I picture the family running to the basement in panic and you just lean back, take a sip of wine, relax and take the phone out of your pocket to see what's up on AMWX and radar.

That's a super accurate depiction. I figured my trusty forum buddies would have told me to flee if there was any real danger.

Right guys...???

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That’s sounds real casual lol. Do you have power or damage? 60mph up there would do a number of imagine. 

Power had a few quick flickers but nothing major. This 100% would have knocked out power at my MD place for at least a little while. I was impressed the power hung in there.

I have many huge dying ash trees hanging over the house. I'm sure they were strained to the limit, but luckily they are 100% leafless now so that helps. I didn't hear any crashes out there. Will need to check in the AM. I need to have some of those sick trees taken down... only a matter of time until they drop.