• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Delta Banter Thread

Amped

Meh... I look at the issue like this. If we were being successful with a program that was trying to be preventative in stopping hurricane landfalls, we're really sucking at it right now, as the track record has been horrible and has been the past five years. The economic toll has been pretty bad. So no real improvement in that regard.

I don't even want to consider the other aspect, as if that was ever a real secret project and it got out, oh dear God. You're going to have entire regions go to war based on financial loss, human suffering, etc.. That is why I choose to think any such program is garbage. It doesn't make sense from a economic or practical sense. Furthermore there's just too much required need for any humans related to such a project to give up any semblance of a conscience, ethical and moral reason to live, much more live with themselves.

I think you hit on it - the most logical reason to do it would be as a weapon of war. Weaponizing the weather effectively would be a regime change tool and it'd likely be one that worked best if very few knew you were doing it. I'd say that Katrina effectively ended the true power of the Bush presidency and - with it- the "legitimacy" of the Iraq war and the continuation of the WOT. Therefore, there were some that benefited from Katrina.

Now, can it be done? I have no idea but- given enough time- someone will do it.

It's a very similar concept to bioweapons. If you're an authoritarian leader and want regime change in a rival democratic regime, unleash a bioweapon. The authoritarian regime will survive (by its nature) while the democratic regime will have a change in leadership.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Confused 1

On 10/9/2020 at 5:15 PM, mempho said:

Now, can it be done? I have no idea but- given enough time- someone will do it.

Storm hackers. As long as nobody knows they are hacking, they would freely hone their skills under the radar.

I'm debating the task of some serious investigating and internet forensics to see what I could find out. I'm not sure I really want to or not though. However, I love doing that kind of thing and am good at it.

If covert weather modification is going on, it could be screwing up the future of predicting hurricanes. Bad data into any computer program is a problem. An unknown oddball variable into AI could result in false results. That is not good, potentially dangerous.

But what if someone like me discovered that there was indeed a secret program going on? Would the truth being known create a nightmare?

I lean towards scientific integrity, but we live in a crazy world sometimes.

Most likely today nobody is even digging around. It is dismissed by the scientific community for the most part.

"Conspiracy theory."