Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Delta Banter Thread

Amped

1 hour ago, Amped said:

My favorite part of being in the Greek alphabet was that nobody refers to the storm  as "HE" or 'SHE".

Of course now someone did anyway.

Alpha/Beta, that's a relationship concept, equally both ways. Gamma, who the f*** knows. Delta, I'd lean feminine, only from the visual I have. To be honest, I'm waiting for Hurricane Pi to kick some serious ass whether people call it male or female!

27 minutes ago, Prospero said:

Alpha/Beta, that's a relationship concept, equally both ways. Gamma, who the f*** knows. Delta, I'd lean feminine, only from the visual I have. To be honest, I'm waiting for Hurricane Pi to kick some serious ass whether people call it male or female!

Delta is a triangle so I see it as inherently vaginal

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

Maybe it is my age, maybe my Freudian nature by birth, maybe my basic primitive artistic vision of triangles and phallic images everywhere I look. But yea, Delta seems female to me. I do have some very good friends who would be eager to put me in my proper and deserved  place...

But I'd still see what I see.

48 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

Banter - OK.

This forum is mostly male. Have I seen a female storm chaser? No, but I am sure there are many.

Look, we males love storms.

One could analyze my mind...

I desire to be in the eye and eye wall of every hurricane. Why? I don't know. The wind, the rain, the excitement, the terror. Just want to be there, always, every one.

I desire to watch every tornado, watch it grow, get bigger, envy it. Taking photos and video I can share, but no desire to be in one.

Except, granted my death wish is to die in a tornado which is a recurring dream where I am clinging my fingers into the ground as I watch a massive tornado approach me with no escape and pick me up and fling me into the funnel and spit me out free-falling to the ground knowing this is the end. What a thrill! Seriously. I see it approaching on the way, knowing I will die. Loving every second...

I am sure the tornado fantasy/dream my entire life was from watching Wizard of Oz when I was very little, but maybe my own subconscious fear and sense of awe of the power my own penis has had over too many decisions in my life! (I've never seen a tornado but experience being in one a few times a year in dreams). LOL

Honestly now at 60 years old and previous prostate cancer, the above statement is ridiculous to me, but hey, whatever. I am programmed from very young.

Now hurricanes, I never fear of death or dying, but I so want to be in the eye of every one. Just for the warm wet pounding winds and overwhelming storm surges? Fear? Yes. Excitement? Yes, but dying, never. I just want more, and more.

Yea, I know...what the Hell?

TMI...

21 minutes ago, Prospero said:

Banter - OK.

This forum is mostly male. Have I seen a female storm chaser? No, but I am sure there are many.

Look, we males love storms.

One could analyze my mind...

I desire to be in the eye and eye wall of every hurricane. Why? I don't know. The wind, the rain, the excitement, the terror. Just want to be there, always, every one.

I desire to watch every tornado, watch it grow, get bigger, envy it. Taking photos and video I can share, but no desire to be in one.

Except, granted my death wish is to die in a tornado which is a recurring dream where I am clinging my fingers into the ground as I watch a massive tornado approach me with no escape and pick me up and fling me into the funnel and spit me out free-falling to the ground knowing this is the end. What a thrill! Seriously. I see it approaching on the way, knowing I will die. Loving every second...

I am sure the tornado fantasy/dream my entire life was from watching Wizard of Oz when I was very little, but maybe my own subconscious fear and sense of awe of the power my own penis has had over too many decisions in my life! (I've never seen a tornado but experience being in one a few times a year in dreams). LOL

Honestly now at 60 years old and previous prostate cancer, the above statement is ridiculous to me, but hey, whatever. I am programmed from very young.

Now hurricanes, I never fear of death or dying, but I so want to be in the eye of every one. Just for the warm wet pounding winds and overwhelming storm surges? Fear? Yes. Excitement? Yes, but dying, never. I just want more, and more.

Yea, I know...what the Hell?

TMI...

I can vouch that forky can show you how to get onto an exploding warm front full of HP supercells and rain wrapped tornadoes. 

6 hours ago, Prospero said:

Thanks alot. When you said female I thought of Delta Burke, and now have the "Designing Women" theme song in my head. Georgia on My Mind. Crazy how my mind made that connection in ten seconds. Hurricane Delta ---- Female Name Delta ---- Delta Burke ---- Designing Women theme song from when my mom watched it when I was laying on the couch at like 5 years old. 

Crazy. My mind is just one big conglomeration of hurricanes, 80s and 90s pop culture, and music. 

• Like 1