Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wednesday, October 7, 2020 Convective Potential

weatherwiz

24 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I dunno but was there a watch issued?

Apparently not. Two MDs were issued with watch probabilities at 20% and 40% respectively, but even after the event was well underway they apparently didn't pull the trigger on a watch. Pretty unbelievable in retrospect, looking at the storm reports. 

I'm in Walpole, holy shit it was something in our neighborhood. Knew it was coming and was outside on the deck waiting for it, we live in a neighborhood with a lot of trees and woods, so I am used to the sound of wind as it approaches. This one was like a low rumble that got louder, at first I thought it was thunder but was too continuous and I thought, that's the wind. It was really dark and I Went inside and the wind just came, blowing west to east in backyard with pine needles and leaves blowing through the air. I could hear shit hitting the house, the pelting was obvious; my sons were in their bedrooms when a big pine toppled, scraping their windowns.  They saw the tree has it went by, the very top of the pine is on their roof!  I also abut Norfolk Aggie HS, i have a huge oak that is on their side, but hangs into my yard. I'm not good on age, but it's old and big, I think those woods are about 80 years old; it always survives big winds, not yesterday, lost a pretty big leder that's hanging into my yard. By far heaviest wind I ever experienced, driving around town to get to the my office was like a puzzle, roads closed all over in my part of town.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Look at how green all the foliage is there. Looks like NYC. Shows how much the drought affected the foliage this year. We are at peak here this weekend with many bare trees . Way way early . ALB had storms all summer 

I see mostly green, full leafed trees riding up 84 and many other spots. The colors that are out around here seem so muted, and dull too.

• Confused 1