Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall/Winter 2020/21 Banter Thread

madwx

9 minutes ago, Natester said:

At least we don't live in DC where it's known for it's infamous snow hole.  Are there any places in the midwest/lakes region that's a snow hole?

I bet DC has more 12"+ snowstorms than Indy, even though Indy is further north.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Snownado said:

I bet DC has more 12"+ snowstorms than Indy, even though Indy is further north.

Safe bet.  I think DC has had a similar number of 12"+ storms as Chicago, but don't quote me because it was something I heard many years ago and it may have been 10" and not 12" storms.

After traversing this lengthy period of very cold temps and things start to warm back up I think the feeling by most (especially the public) is that we really turned the page on deep winter.  Could be the first hint at spring fever for many if we suddenly get a few days in the 40s for example, after such a long period of cold.  Days are getting longer.  

I'm definitely enjoying these deep winter conditions; the deep snowpack, arctic temps, frequent snow events, etc.  I'll def enjoy whatever else ma nature throws at us going forward, but after this long stretch of deep winter I'll definitely start to think more and more about spring, and severe convective events, outside BBQs and the like.  B)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, cyclone77 said:

After traversing this lengthy period of very cold temps and things start to warm back up I think the feeling by most (especially the public) is that we really turned the page on deep winter.  Could be the first hint at spring fever for many if we suddenly get a few days in the 40s for example, after such a long period of cold.  Days are getting longer.  

I'm definitely enjoying these deep winter conditions; the deep snowpack, arctic temps, frequent snow events, etc.  I'll def enjoy whatever else ma nature throws at us going forward, but after this long stretch of deep winter I'll definitely start to think more and more about spring, and severe convective events, outside BBQs and the like.  B)

Whatever.  My winter just started.  BBQ on ice till I get my fill lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cyclone77 said:

18 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Whatever.  My winter just started.  BBQ on ice till I get my fill lol.

I made burgers on the grill last Sunday. I wasn't gonna let an 8" snow stop me.

144936253_4107659175931802_7797935845257999010_n.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Thats why I love cold Februarys and March. When the switch happens you go from highs of 15-20F to 45-50F it feels amazing. Instead of a semi warm February and March that go from 35-40F to 45-50F. Kind of feels like your stuck in no mans land. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

As long as it's in the 50's or 60's for Spring Break, I'm cool.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Him winning in TB doesn't have the same resonance. If he was still in New England and won, I'd be seething. Also, good to see Bellichick getting smacked down for being arrogant.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This season was the first time I have rooted against the Bucs since Steve Spurrier took them to an 0 and 14 record when I was 14 years old., leaving the Chiefs as my favorite team for the newly formed Bucs.  I have been a Bucs fan since their inception.  I have suffered the ridicule, the embarrassment, the attacks for being a Bucs fan.  The entire time the Bucs were in the black and blue division that is most of this sub, and every team chalked up two wins before the season even started because they each had 2 with the lowly Bucs.  I lived in Florida and got 2nd degree burns from sitting on the shiny aluminum benches that some engineer from Green Bay thought was funny to put in the Big Sombrero, in the Fl. sun, creating a human BBQ pit.  I went to tons of home games where there were more Bears, Packers or Lions fans than Bucs fans and they treated those games, and the area, like middle aged men on Spring Break.  I held fast for this team for 45 years.  45 years of humiliation.  45 years of ridicule.  45 years of being the skinny kid shoved in the locker. Those 2 flags right before halftime were as suspect as Bellichecks alleged involvement in low pressure balls. I bailed this season because of GQ.  I will never return to the team of my adult life as long as GQ is there.  

The words of Polonius..

“This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

:tomato:

• Like 2

Wasn't there a discussion a couple 3 years ago, or more, about why snow seems to disappear under evergreen trees even when it's very cold?  I tried to search for it but can't find it, probably me doing something wrong.  I'm only asking because once again under a grove of evergreens on my property the snow is completely gone exposing bare ground.  5 inches poof, gone in a week without a temp over 20.  May not of been this board but still, and if I remember there  wasn't an exact reason.  Could be wrong, just curious.