Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall/Winter 2020/21 Banter Thread

madwx

8 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

February is where it is at. Our average since 2000 has been 14.7" and since 2010 has been 18.0".  Despite the pattern of the past few years there is no question that increasing snowfall in January and February, especially February, is what has been responsible for the 2010s being our snowiest decade on record. Lean snow years from the 1930s-60s really brought the avg down. 

2010s vs 20th century 

Nov- 2.9 vs 2.8

Dec- 8.5 vs 8.6

Jan- 14.3 vs 10.4

Feb- 18.3 vs 9.0

Mar- 5.0 vs 6.7

Apr- 0.9 vs 1.5

ssn- 49.9 vs 39.1

Is Toronto above avg to date?

18"? Wow. Our Feb average over the last 10 years is 16.7". Your seasonal average over the last 10 years has definitely surpassed Toronto's average. Been much snowier in SEMI of late compared to surrounding regions. 

There's some missing data at YYZ this month so I can't tell you the actual figure but I am certain its ~17" which puts us above average to date. We've officially surpassed 2011-12 LOL. Only 4" short of our seasonal avg for December. A few other stations across the city are above 20" already. Close to 20" imby too. How is Detroit? 

14 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

This morning's Euro snowfall forecast through the end of the year nearly perfectly illustrates mostly what we've seen so far this season.  Illinois dead zone.  Definitely a very frustrating start to the season to be sure.  

uuiou.jpg

Brutal.   

27 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

This morning's Euro snowfall forecast through the end of the year nearly perfectly illustrates mostly what we've seen so far this season.  Illinois dead zone.  Definitely a very frustrating start to the season to be sure.  

uuiou.jpg

Some of the 7-10 day snow progs have had a pretty bad track record, but watch this one nail it.  :lol:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Snowstorms said:

18"? Wow. Our Feb average over the last 10 years is 16.7". Your seasonal average over the last 10 years has definitely surpassed Toronto's average. Been much snowier in SEMI of late compared to surrounding regions. 

There's some missing data at YYZ this month so I can't tell you the actual figure but I am certain its ~17" which puts us above average to date. We've officially surpassed 2011-12 LOL. Only 4" short of our seasonal avg for December. A few other stations across the city are above 20" already. Close to 20" imby too. How is Detroit? 

The decade was filled with blockbuster Febs.

Detroit is slightly above avg this season to date at 9.2". But literally each of the 3 main snowfalls (Nov 22, Nov 30/Dec 1, Dec 16/17), esp the first two, jackpotted the far southeast corner of the state. An observer in Monroe (between Detroit and Toledo) is at 11.1". This is misleading for anyone outside the immediate metro as Flint and Saginaw have had very low snowfall (2-3" total). Im at 9.3" and have only had 7 days with 1"+ snow on the ground. Should this theme keep up the winter is definitely a dumpster fire from a sustainable perspective but as I always said, temps mean little wrt actual snowfall. It will be funny if Chicago pulls an above avg season by April lol.

20201222_092918.jpg

15 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Another futility mark to watch for Chicago...

There has been no measurable snow since November 25.  There have only been 2 years without measurable snow between November 25 and December 25 -- 1894 and 1912. 

Not sure if Chicago can make it through Christmas day with no measurable snow, but even if you set the cutoff at 0.5", only a dozen years (out of about 135 years) met that criteria.

With the way they measure at ORD, this is a lock.

13 hours ago, Powerball said:

GHD 2011 was the last time there was a major snowstorm that held serve for an entire week. 

I miss the days where we could get a storm that models ticked up in intensity each run, and it panned out. 

I think the last one I remember was a “hybrid-clipper” in like ‘16 or ‘17. Each run ticked up the snow and it still overperformed. 

The last couple years it has been a slow death as we wait for the storm to miss the phase and shear out to south dominated garbage. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

I miss the days where we could get a storm that models ticked up in intensity each run, and it panned out. 

I think the last one I remember was a “hybrid-clipper” in like ‘16 or ‘17. Each run ticked up the snow and it still overperformed. 

The last couple years it has been a slow death as we wait for the storm to miss the phase and shear out to south dominated garbage. 

GHD1 underperformed here. We still got 10" with about 14" on the ground once the storm passed, but earlier projections were much higher. In fact, coming off of a lot of snowy winters, the way spoiled local weenies responded to the bust you'd have thought we got nothing lol. Id kill to go back to those days, busts and all. It was simply snowy heaven for almost a decade, with one very rotten apple in the middle (11-12).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

Detroit is slightly above avg this season to date at 9.2". But literally each of the 3 main snowfalls (Nov 22, Nov 30/Dec 1, Dec 16/17), esp the first two, jackpotted the far southeast corner of the state. An observer in Monroe (between Detroit and Toledo) is at 11.1". This is misleading for anyone outside the immediate metro as Flint and Saginaw have had very low snowfall (2-3" total). Im at 9.3" and have only had 7 days with 1"+ snow on the ground. Should this theme keep up the winter is definitely a dumpster fire from a sustainable perspective but as I always said, temps mean little wrt actual snowfall. It will be funny if Chicago pulls an above avg season by April lol.

20201222_092918.jpg

As bad as it's been and will continue to be in the shorter term for Chicago, it is still possible to have a big turnaround and end up with above average snow.  I'd think we have to start to get going in the next few weeks though or else it would become next to impossible to rally into a snowier than average season.  

There have been 9 seasons that produced 50"+ of snow from 12/21 onward.  The most recent was 2013-14 which had over 71" from 12/21 onward (the biggest amount from 12/21 onward on record for Chicago).

• Like 2

I really enjoy a nice stiff drink while watching snow TV. The timing of the Ontario snow looks to be very late Christmas Eve through mid morning or so. Not sure to stay up late or just put a little bailey’s in the coffee the next morning. 

Unrelated- but I’ll be monitoring the Susquehanna river near Binghamton. Relative warmth plus heavy rain could be interesting. 

On 12/22/2020 at 8:19 AM, michsnowfreak said:

very snowy winter...id allow a Jan tornado lol

I think it's already been too dry/snowless in Dec. for a '07-'08 redux which I have seen tossed out a lot as an analog for this Niña. On the plus side, if some of the modeled storms in the next week or two pan out, at least the entire central CONUS won't be going into spring and summer bone dry as in '11-'12.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 9:27 AM, michsnowfreak said:

20201222_092918.jpg

I agree. Meant to get back to this post yesterday, sorry. We have the same disparity in Toronto. I believe the seasonal total is close to 8-9" near the lake for the season compared to 17-20" just away from the lake. This winter has been terrible for snow-cover no doubt. Although we're at 18" for the season it doesn't feel like it one bit. 31" in Feb 2011? Holy shit. I compared Toronto and Detroit below. It's a mix bag but 2010 and 2011 are the main reason why Detroit's Feb average is higher than Toronto rn. Crazy run for both cities, regardless. 

775096767_snowfallaverage.png.63c26677947de41cf04bf97268ac9e07.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

I agree. Meant to get back to this post yesterday, sorry. We have the same disparity in Toronto. I believe the seasonal total is close to 8-9" near the lake for the season compared to 17-20" just away from the lake. This winter has been terrible for snow-cover no doubt. Although we're at 18" for the season it doesn't feel like it one bit. 31" in Feb 2011? Holy shit. I compared Toronto and Detroit below. It's a mix bag but 2010 and 2011 are the main reason why Detroit's Feb average is higher than Toronto rn. Crazy run for both cities, regardless. 

775096767_snowfallaverage.png.63c26677947de41cf04bf97268ac9e07.png

in Feb 2011 we had two 10" storms and a 5" storm. in 2010 we had a 9" storm and I think a 5" storm. no doubt Feb has had the got hand!

2018 also had a 9" storm and 14" snowpack.

2017 the Feb torch disparity is interesting. Did Toronto have any of that snow Feb 1st? because Detroit had a 4" clipper Jan 31. 

Just now, michsnowfreak said:

in Feb 2011 we had two 10" storms and a 5" storm. in 2010 we had a 9" storm and I think a 5" storm. no doubt Feb has had the got hand!

How much did you get during the GHD Blizzard? We got shafted lol. 2009-10 is the 2nd least snowiest winter at YYZ with a measly 21". Everything was too suppressed that winter thanks to the impressive block. 2 years later 2011-12 happened, our least snowiest winter ever. Not long before that, 2006-07, our 4th least snowiest winter ever LOL.

2 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

How much did you get during the GHD Blizzard? We got shafted lol. 2009-10 is the 2nd least snowiest winter at YYZ with a measly 21". Everything was too suppressed that winter thanks to the impressive block. 2 years later 2011-12 happened, our least snowiest winter ever. Not long before that, 2006-07, our 4th least snowiest winter ever LOL.

GHD 1 in 2011 DTW got 10.1" which everyone complained about because it underperformed. We had 6" on the ground before the storm. Then on the 5th they called for sunny skies and the area got 4-6". Then, on Feb 20, they called for 1-3" changing to ice instead we got 10.2" of snow.  Yet some complained for years bc GHD1 underperformed. Thats how spoiled we were in the 2007-2015 era lol.

2009-10 DTW had 43.7", thanks mostly to Feb. It was not a bad winter here, I can remember you guys being screwed. 2011-12 sucked with 26.0" but it was the only bad apple in a fantastic 8 year stretch. It was nowhere near the alltime futility either (12.9" in 1936-37).

I'm liking the stormy pattern, but man, central IL (and IN) have not been the place to be recently. Persistent storm track means I'm always too far south for the good snows and too far north for the winter severe. Over, and over, and over. :axe: I hope I don't have to wait till March/April for a shot at a 4"+ snowfall.

Halloween 2019 is still the biggest snowfall IMBY for the past two seasons.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

GHD 1 in 2011 DTW got 10.1" which everyone complained about because it underperformed. We had 6" on the ground before the storm. Then on the 5th they called for sunny skies and the area got 4-6". Then, on Feb 20, they called for 1-3" changing to ice instead we got 10.2" of snow.  Yet some complained for years bc GHD1 underperformed. Thats how spoiled we were in the 2007-2015 era lol.

2009-10 DTW had 43.7", thanks mostly to Feb. It was not a bad winter here, I can remember you guys being screwed. 2011-12 sucked with 26.0" but it was the only bad apple in a fantastic 8 year stretch. It was nowhere near the alltime futility either (12.9" in 1936-37).

After being in LAF for the GHD sleet fest, that 2/5/11 storm was a nice little surprise.  One of the biggest model fails I can recall as the track literally came hundreds of miles north in the final 24-48 hours.  I think there may have been some missing data when the ULL was down in Mexico as you rarely see such a large mileage shift that close in these days.

• Like 2

Since we are forced to live in the past in snowless times like these, here are some of the old discussions from NWS Chicago regarding the January 1999 storm.

ILLINOIS STATE FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL

300 AM CST FRI JAN 1 1999

WHAT A MESS TO WALK INTO AFTER HOLIDAY LEAVE.  TIMING OF ONSET OF PRECIP, LOCATION OF ANY FREEZING PRECIP, CONVERSION OF WATCHES TO WARNINGS, SNOW AMOUNTS, AMONG THE CHALLENGES.

MODELS NOT EXACTLY IN GREAT AGREEMENT WITH NGM BECOMING THE SLOWEST, BY 6-12 HOURS, AT THE FAR END OF THE 00Z MODEL RUNS. SLOWER NGM ALLOWS WARMER AIR TO PUSH FARTHER NOTABLY NORTH AND WOULD INCREASE THE THREAT OF EXCESSIVE SNOWS (UPWARDS OF A FOOT) TOWARD CHICAGO.  WHILE IT IS FAR FROM CERTAIN SINCE WE ARE STILL WAITING ON SYNCHRONIZING OF NORTHERN AND SOUTHERN STREAM SYSTEMS DURING THIS FORECAST PERIOD, WILL LEAN TOWARD THE FASTER AVN AND ETA SOLUTIONS.  THIS NEVER REALLY ALLOWS TEMPS AT ANY LEVEL OVER NORTHEAST IL TO GET MUCH ABOVE -10.  EXCESSIVE SNOWFALL THREAT THEN SHIFTS SOUTHWARD INTO THE QUINCE-KANKAKEE TO BELLEVILLE-TERRE HAUTE CORRIDOR.

AS DISCUSSED WITH PAH...THREAT OF SIGNIFICANT ICING NEAR OHIO RIVER IS DIMINISHED EVEN WITH THE FASTER/COLDER ETA/AVN. HOWEVER AS COLD AS SURFACE TEMPS ARE, A SHORTER ICE EVENT REMAINS A GOOD POSSIBILITY AND FOR NOW WILL MAINTAIN LATE FIRST PERIOD WATCH. SEE GREATER THREAT OF ICE FOR 50-75 MILES SOUTH OF ABOVE NOTED EXCESSIVE SNOW BAND.

MANUAL HEAVY SNOW GUIDANCE LOOKS PRETTY REASONABLE...MAYBE JUST A TAD FAR EAST FOR TODAYS 4 INCH AMOUNTS.  MANUALLY AND MODEL SUGGESTED TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS EXCEED A FOOT IN MUCH OF AREA MENTIONED ABOVE...BY TOMORROW MORNING SOMETIME.  WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED...ESPECIALLY IF ANY CONVECTIVE SNOWS OCCUR...TO SEE SOME LOCAL 2O PLUS AMOUNTS BEFORE ALL IS SAID AND DONE. WILL SUGGEST THIS IN WSW.

TO SUMMARIZE WARNING/WATCH DECISIONS...

WILL UP THE GOING WATCHES TO HEAVY SNOW WARNINGS IN WEST CENTRAL SECTIONS TO THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT AND GO WITH 2ND/3RD PERIOD WARNING FOR EAST CENTRAL SECTIONS WITH ICE ALONG SOUTHERN EDGE.  IF ETA-AVN VERIFY, ROCKFORD (ESPECIALLY) AND CHICAGO AREA MAY NEVER ACTUALLY VERIFY HEAVY SNOW, BUT WITH REMAINING UNCERTAINTY, WATCH WILL BE CONTINUED ACROSS THE NORTH.

THANKS FOR COORD: PAH, DVN, ILX, MKX, IND, LSX.

.CHI...WINTER STORM WATCH...NORTH AND PORTIONS FAR SOUTH TONIGHT AND SATURDAY

HEAVY SNOW/WINTER STORM WARNING...WEST CENTRAL TODAY INTO SATURDAY.  EAST CENTRAL TONIGHT AND SATURDAY.

KAPLAN

• Thanks 1

ILLINOIS STATE FORECAST DISCUSSION

245 PM CST FRI JAN 1 1999

POSSIBLY THE BIGGEST WINTER STORM IN PARTS OF ILLINOIS IN 20 YEARS. ETA AND NGM MODEL LOOK REASONABLE IN TRACK AND INTENSITY OF STORM THOUGH SLIGHTLY SLOWER SPEED OF NGM PREFERED. AVN SOLN A LITTLE TROUBLESOME...IT WOULD GIVE LESS SNOW ESPECIALLY TO NW IL. EITHER WAY A MAJOR STORM WITH NRN STREAM VORT MAX/UPR LOW MERGING WITH SRN VORT COMING OUT OF TEX. JUST A MATTER OF TIMING AND FINAL POSITIONING. PLENTY OF GULF MOISTURES AS SEEN BY 850 DEWPTS OF 8 TO 10 C INTO EAST TEXAS AND OK THIS MRNG. SFC DWPTS IN 50S E TEXAS SPRDG N. CERTAINLY PLENTY OF ARCTIC AIR IN PLACE. STORM SHD REALLY WIND UP TNGT AND SAT AND HEAD TWD SW IN BY SAT EVE. HEAVY SNOW BAND EXPECTED FM STL TO BRL NEWD TO RFD TO SBN. HEAVIEST SNOW LOOKS TO BE THRU CNTRL AND NE IL WHERE AMOUNTS TO 18 INCHES POSSIBLE. SRN IL WILL SEE A MESSY MIX OF SNOW THEN FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET...THEN MAYBE RAIN FOR A PERIOD LATE TNGT AND ERY SAT BEFORE CHANGING TO SNOW AND ENDING SAT EVE. VERY WINDY SAT AND ESPECIALLY SAT NGT AND SUN WITH WIND CHILLS 15 TO 25 BELOW...SEVERE BLOWING AND DRIFTING AND NEAR BLIZZARD CONDS. COULD BE SOME LAKEENHANCEMENT SAT NGT AND ERY SUN FOR NE IL. LAKESHORE STATEMENT WILL BE ISSUED FOR NE IL MAY NEED WARNING SAT.

.CHI...WINTER STORM WARNING SRN IL TNGT AND SAT

WINTER STORM WARNING CNTRL IL TNGT THRU SAT NGT

GALE WARNING LM AND LS

ALLSOPP

• Like 2

ILLINOIS STATE FORECAST DISCUSSION...CORRECTED

300 AM CST SAT JAN 2 1999

ADDED WARNING INFO...

MODELS HAVE COME INTO REASONABLY GOOD AGREEMENT AT 500 MB AND WITH EVENTUAL LOCATION OF SURFACE LOW OVER CENTRAL GREAT LAKES, THOUGH THE ETA TRACKS THE LOW FURTHER WEST ON THE WAY TO ITS 48 HOUR POSITION.  WILL ACCEPT THIS BASED ON RECENT SURFACE PRESSURE FALL PATTERNS AND THE FACT THAT THE FARTHEST WEST TRACK ALMOST ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE MORE CORRECT WITH STRONG SYSTEMS HEADING NORTH.

SYSTEM IS CERTAINLY COMPLEX WITH SIGNIFICANT HEAVY SNOW HAVING FALLEN ALREADY (& CONTINUING) IN PARTS OF CENTRAL/NORTH ASSOCIATED WITH GOOD ISENTROPIC LIFT BUT NOT NECESSARILY KEYED TO ANY 500 MB VORT MAX.  BASED ON CURRENT RADAR AND SATELLITE LOOPS THIS APPEARS POISED TO CONTINUE TO SPREAD SLOWLY NORTH TODAY.  ON THE OTHER HAND, POWER HOUSE VORT MAX PRESENTLY IN CENTRAL SOUTH DAKOTA IS FORECAST TO DIG SOUTH TODAY THEN RECURVE TONIGHT IN A PATH THAT OUGHT TO REINVIGORATE SNOWFALL AND SUSTAIN GOOD LIFT OVER NORTHERN AND ESPECIALLY NORTHEAST IL THROUGH MUCH OF SATURDAY NIGHT.  THIS IS CONFIRMED BY VERTICAL VELOCITY TIME-SECTIONS.  MANUAL HEAVY SNOW OUTLOOK FOR OVERNIGHT PERIOD LOOKS UNDERDONE IN NORTHEAST IL. ADDED FEATURE WILL BE A AT LEAST A FEW HOURS OF LAKE ENHANCEMENT IN CHICAGO AREA AS WINDS SWING MORE NORTHEAST DURING THE NIGHT.  LEMO METHOD SUGGEST MAX STORM TOTAL OF AROUND 18 INCHES. WILL ACCEPT WFO INPUT FOR THEIR AREAS...BUT LOOKS LIKE 12-18 INCH STORM TOTAL FOR MUCH OF NORTHEAST IL, LESSER AMOUNTS SOUTHEASTWARD IN NORTHWEST IN.

WINDS IN NORTHEAST LOOK TO BE A LITTLE LESS THREATENING THAN THOUGHT PREVIOUSLY WITH MORE WESTERLY TRACK OF SURFACE LOW. EARLIER LAKESHORE EROSION POTENTIAL STATEMENT WILL BE KILLED. ON THE OTHER HAND WINDS GUSTING UP TO AND OVER 30 IN MANY AREAS NOW, SO NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS, ESPECIALLY IN RURAL AREAS SHOULD APPEAR IN ZONES MUCH OF CENTRAL AND NORTH.  STILL COULD MEET BLIZZARD CRITERIA FOR A TIME IN PORTIONS OF NORTH CENTRAL AND NORTHWEST THROUGH WEST CENTRAL AND WILL NEED TO MONITOR.

CENTRAL AND PARTS OF SOUTHEAST ILLINOIS IN THE MIDST OF SIGNIFICANT ICING EVENT AND MAY NEED TO GO WITH ICE STORM WARNINGS THERE. WARMER AIR WILL ALLEVIATE PROBLEMS IN FAR SOUTH LATER TODAY. POTENTIAL AFTER CHANGE BACK TO SNOW SEEMS LIMITED HOWEVER WITH MODELS SUGGESTING SUBSIDENCE/DRY SLOTTING LATER TODAY AND TONIGHT. SEE LINCOLN AND PADUCAH DISCUSSIONS FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.

DEEPENING LOW LIKELY TO PULL ARCTIC AIR INTO STATE TONIGHT AND SUNDAY WITH MUCH OF STATE SEEING STEADY OR FALLING TEMPS SUNDAY. ESPECIALLY WITH SNOW COVER, POTENTIAL FOR LARGE MOS ERRORS LOOMS.

.CHI...WINTER STORM WARNING TODAY AND TONIGHT NORTH AND CENTRAL

ICE STORM WARNING TODAY PORTIONS OF SOUTHEAST

GALE WARNING LM AND LS

KAPLAN

• Like 1

The winter storm warning text from the morning of January 2...

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

445 AM CST SAT JAN 2 1999

...SEVERE WINTER STORM WILL CONTINUE TO PUMMEL MUCH OF ILLINOIS TODAY AND TONIGHT...

.A SEVERE WINTER STORM WILL CONTINUE BURY MUCH OF NORTHERN AND CENTRAL ILLINOIS UNDER VERY HEAVY SNOW TODAY AND TONIGHT WITH MAJOR ICE PROBLEMS IN PARTS OF THE EAST CENTRAL  NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS ARE ALSO EXPECTED TO DEVELOP.

TRAVEL WILL BE DANGEROUS WHERE IT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE.

ILZ005>006-012>014-020>023-032-INZ001>002-021700-

MCHENRY-LAKE-KANE-DU PAGE-COOK-KENDALL-GRUNDY-WILL-KANKAKEE-

LIVINGSTON-LAKE-PORTER-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF WOODSTOCK... WAUKEGAN... AURORA... WHEATON...

CHICAGO... MORRIS... JOLIET... KANKAKEE... PONTIAC... GARY... VALPARAISO

...WINTER STORM WARNING THROUGH TONIGHT...

SNOW WILL CONTINUE HEAVILY AT TIMES THROUGH TODAY AND TONIGHT AND BY THE TIME IT STOPS ACCUMULATING SUNDAY MORNING 12 TO 18 INCHES OF SNOW SHOULD ACCUMULATE.  THERE WILL ALSO BE CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW WITH LOCAL WHITEOUT CONDITIONS. MANY ROADS WILL LIKELY BECOME IMPASSABLE LATER TODAY AND TONIGHT ESPECIALLY IN OPEN AREAS.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, kevlon62 said:

Ran the sleds that Saturday night and remember it being the first big event where we could "bury" them. Young and naive. Intellicast radar was a beaut that weekend.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I took a stroll around my neighborhood that evening... walking in the streets and just taking it all in.  Had never seen anywhere close to that amount of snow before.  It was a surreal, almost magical experience, and I'm glad I was able to track it (sort of) for several days in advance.  That whole week leading up to it was special, knowing that something big could be on the way but not knowing if it would actually pan out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cyclone77 said:

It's now been over a month (November 24th) since our heaviest snowfall so far (0.5").  Hopefully we can break the 1" threshold sometime in January.

Meanwhile, it will be a month as of next Wednesday since DAY's heaviest daily snowfall of the season (2.4") followed by its 2nd heaviest daily snowfall of the season (1.4") the day after.

I will always still visit the banter but...

somehow there's a swath from immediate Detroit Metro down to Cleveland up thru most of southern Ontario including GTHA and depending how the lake effect snow goes tonight-tomorrow immediate Buffalo Metro. 

This region has repeatedly cashed in with multiple 1-3" and a few legit snowstorms in the 4-8" with Christmas delivering Toronto-Buffalo and Cleveland a 4-8" snow and Detroit a surprise 2-3" snow. 

Reading large parts of the sub talk about 1" being the biggest event of the year makes me feel pretty grateful that I'm now approaching 20" on the season before January. 

• Like 1