• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Major Hurricane Delta

hlcater

I'm not seeing any shear over Delta right now at all. It's definitely taking advantage of whatever it can.

There's about 8-10 kts of southerly shear. Relatively too weak to prevent intensification but perhaps enough to keep downshear convection weaker as CBs go up and rotate around the eyewall. As Delta turns more northward and gains forward motion, there will be a window tonight (6-12 hrs) where shear is weakest prior to an increase in SSW VVW flow and mid-level shear prior to landfall. That and cooler SSTs should eventually put a halt on whatever intensification is gained by Delta through mid-day tomorrow.  That should be prior to landfall.

7 hours ago, Low Pressure Lunacy said:

Made a screen shot of Delta's tail. Wishing you luck in dealing with this storm. 1154454489_Delta1.png.74b5ab0a31ef7e36987ed519b1755d09.png

Thanks LPL. That southern outflow 'tail' really looked impressive in the various satellite animations when I could see them.

Have two usual probs, first, when I downloaded the sat 'gifs', they were just a little bigger than AmWX allows as an upload [~1.95Mb? for me], so couldn't post the animation myself [sometimes can]. My second prob is a highly variable IP connection, ranges from 16Kbps to 3-6Mbps, which severely affects my use of image -intensive websites like this. Gonna dodge Delta here methinks.

1 minute ago, Windspeed said:

Wow... And just like that, a strong CB went up in the eastern eyewall and and is rotating around in the northern semicircle. This has the look of a strong Category 3 hurricane. Need recon.5f3158e92a2e727dafb1c901d99a9e6c.gif

The next band in line to cause a convective burst looks even juicier,  so hopefully nothing disrupts it.