Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Major Hurricane Delta

hlcater

5 minutes ago, JasonOH said:

Sure doesn’t look good now. 

E38AF83A-4EAB-4E37-9507-86AF6DC16C6A.jpeg

Likely response of an intense convective plume going up in the northern to western semicircle creating subsidence in the SE region of the core. That may just as well wrap shortly. Either way the overall structure has improved significantly since early this morning. Recon is about to make another pass. Should know more in just a bit.

6 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Loving the frame by frame analysis of the IR appearance of the storm here... looks great... looks like crap... looks great again taking off now... it fell apart 

lol

Its in a relatively steady state with a slight bias towards intensification. As expected, IMO. I don't think the winds will ramp up much...maybe 110-115mph...

6 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Loving the frame by frame analysis of the IR appearance of the storm here... looks great... looks like crap... looks great again taking off now... it fell apart 

lol

Literally this! Lol. Hilarious. Can't analyze frame by frame. Delta is organizing. It will look good at times then bad at times. This isn't going to look like Laura 

5 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

lol

Feels like there's a degree of hurricane structure OCD in here...lol I mean I kinda get it from a weather geek standpoint, I suppose...hurricane perfectionism?:lol:

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Windspeed said:

Heh, was I analyzing frame by frame?

How about noting the obviously clear symmetrical eye at the end of that animation and obvious continued improvement. You know, the first clear eye we've had since Delta existed? :P

I’d say you’ve been consistent in pointing out the gradual organizational trend of the storm today. Your posts have been bookended multiple times in the exact opposite observation by someone else thinking the storm is weakening after strengthening for 3 frames. Haha. Point is- we’re seeing a gradually strengthening system. Pressure falls and winds gradually responding. I think NHC forecast is on point though I can also see the storm failing to attain major again but barely. Large Ike-like storm at landfall so exact intensity is not that important anyways, other than for us weenies. 

That's why you have to look at it over a longer period of time.  Sure there's going to be times that it looks better, and worse.  But over the last 6 hrs is it better than it was before that?  If so then it's generally improving.  If it looks worse than it did 6 hrs ago, then it's generally weakening.   

• Like 2