Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2020 General Discussion

cyclone77

3 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

MLI made it to 80 late this afternoon.  Hit 77 here.  Dews in the mid 60s is making it feel pretty muggy out there.  Quite the change from the low 50s around midday.

Same here. We had fairly dense fog until late morning when the sun broke through and temps skyrocketed to 80°.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

MLI made it to 80 late this afternoon.  Hit 77 here.  Dews in the mid 60s is making it feel pretty muggy out there.  Quite the change from the low 50s around midday.

No kidding, need a coat to leave for work this morning, a light jacket coming home for lunch, and shorts for the ride home 

23 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

No kidding, need a coat to leave for work this morning, a light jacket coming home for lunch, and shorts for the ride home 

Yeah it was a crazy change.  Opened up the garage late this afternoon and everything fogged up instantly, as it was probably a good 15 degrees cooler in there, with mid 60 dewpoint air rushing in.  

Still 70/62 as we approach 11pm, with a ripping south breeze.  Party's about over though, as the CF is already passing through Muscatine.

1 hour ago, Torchageddon said:

I'm enjoying my final hours of decent sunshine of 2020, in twelve hours though: :facepalm:

Supposedly this is going to be the last 20ºC day of 2020 (so just 1 hour of that with some sun). What a crappy October.

I feel you. It's been a shit month lol. The Sun finally started poking through after some thick fog this morning. I doubt it'll last as the line of thunderstorms is currently trekking its way towards Lake Huron now. And what follows is typical late Fall weather. There will be a warm-up in November (more so the first half), which may bring us close to 20C if not the upper teens as the pattern reshuffles. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Snowed hard for a couple hours with about 1.5" falling. Has since changed to freezing rain.  Should change back to all snow shortly.  Sure seems more like November.

Yes it does feel like Nov. Yesterday's snow didn't really add up to much as they thought. 1-3" away from the shore. Just a little white on the ground today with some very light snow at the moment. Looks like C MN ended up with 6-7" out of this latest wave, tho.

17 hours ago, Chicago Storm said:

Made it up to 78 at ORD and 79 at MDW today.

78 ORD would be a tie at 3rd warmest for today. Impressive. I'm looking at threadex numbers and I think ORD is used from now on in the updates. Midway was part of the record up until Jan 1980, so I don't know if they use their numbers still. If they did, then 79 would be 3rd. Either way very mild for this time of year.

4:03 PM EDT Friday 23 October 2020
Tornado warning in effect for:

• Hanover - Dundalk - Southern Grey County

A potential tornado is approaching the area between Dundalk and Corbetton.
Severe thunderstorms are approaching from the southwest. Rotation is shown on the radar.

Why can't they just remove Hanover from the header, its over 60 km away from the cell! :lmao:

Rain lingered most of the night with over an inch falling and a steady temp of 34.  Changed back to snow up here around daybreak and has snowed hard at times all day.  Everything is far from froze up tho... roads are ick.

Up at my house and down at the Northern in MQT, just a block or so from the lake and a 1000' lower in elevation.

IMG_1404.JPG

jxj.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

Rain lingered most of the night with over an inch falling and a steady temp of 34.  Changed back to snow up here around daybreak and has snowed hard at times all day.  Everything is far from froze up tho... roads are ick.

Up at my house and down at the Northern in MQT, just a block or so from the lake and a 1000' lower in elevation.

IMG_1404.JPG

jxj.jpg

Same look in my area. Wet at the lake, and winter in the hills.

• Like 1