Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October Discobs 2020

George BM

From Mount Holly AFD-

Meanwhile, an old frontal boundary remains across Delmarva and extends back to the southwest towards Zeta. Rain becomes steadier and heavier going through the late morning hours as the boundary interacts with tropical moisture associated with Zeta. The heaviest of the rain will fall late this afternoon and into this evening as Zeta passes through Delmarva and southern New Jersey. Pressure gradient tightens up, with northeast winds overall increasing to around 15 mph with gusts to 25 mph, except for the coasts, where winds will range from 15-25 mph with 25-35 mph gusts. Gusts to 50 mph are possible right along the Delaware shores, so will hoist a Wind Advisory for late this afternoon into early this evening with the approach and immediate passage of Zeta for Delaware Beaches.

13 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Latest 6z  Euro stronger with the ull associated coastal low overnight and tomorrow.  My cabin up in Worcester, Ma might get a nice little winter event ..maybe I'll head up there ......oh ...wait .....I don't have one :lol:. When I hit the lotto I'm buying a cabin in Worcester, Ma and Redfield, NY and Deep creek,Md .

Worcester is a crackhead meth dump. Go to Redfield. 

1 hour ago, DCTeacherman said:

Looking at the remaining core of Zeta and extrapolating where it’s gonna be, looks like it’ll pass right over us.  It still has 60 mph winds its got incredible forward speed, I wonder if we don’t have some gusty winds this afternoon. 

The core remains resilient.  

2 hours ago, DCTeacherman said:

Looking at the remaining core of Zeta and extrapolating where it’s gonna be, looks like it’ll pass right over us.  It still has 60 mph winds its got incredible forward speed, I wonder if we don’t have some gusty winds this afternoon. 

The HRRR has broken away from the rest of the models and now gives DC some windy conditions (gusts in the 40s) this afternoon.  The 10z run was the first one to really show it.

Just now, MN Transplant said:

The HRRR has broken away from the rest of the models and now gives DC some windy conditions (gusts in the 40s) this afternoon.  The 10z run was the first one to really show it.

Looks like the remnants of Zeta are a little further north than forecasted yesterday.  I’ll take some breezy downpours.  

1 minute ago, LP08 said:

Looks like the remnants of Zeta are a little further north than forecasted yesterday.  I’ll take some breezy downpours.  

The HRRR wants to bring the wind in on the backside as the rain is clearing out.  2-4pm as it moves across the area.  

I think there would have been a lot more discussion of Zeta here if we knew that we'd be tracking a 990mb hurricane remnant a few days ago!

• Like 2

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

I tried talking about it but nobody wanted to take the bait! 

Ha!

I will say, to temper the expectations on the wind, that I'm not seeing any obs that suggest a backside anything like what the HRRR is throwing out.  So, that would have to be something that develops later in the day.  South of us could see some decent gusts, as Greensville/Spartensburg and Charlotte are seeing gusts into the 50s.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic