Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discobs 2020

George BM

1 hour ago, Superstorm said:

I lived in Boulder area for a couple years. Summer to winter in a matter of hours was a common thing.

Colorado weather is fun, when I went to school out there in Greeley, In 1992, in March we went from 80’s and sun midday, to thunderstorms with tornadoes in the afternoon, to raging blizzard by midnight.  Next mourning 3 feet of snow on the ground.  That was a lot of weather in 24 hours!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BristowWx said:

Probably just the pre frontal moisture.  End of next week looks interesting on Ukie.  That should be a chilly rain. Imagine that in Jan

That looks to be a combination of remnants of the tropical system and a system to the southwest of it. Always wanted to see tropical snows. Maybe if that system............

8 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

That looks to be a combination of remnants of the tropical system and a system to the southwest of it. Always wanted to see tropical snows. Maybe if that system............

If our region was only 500 miles north of where it is and about a mile higher in elevation....meh, it’s gonna rain

I don’t know if this has already been mentioned, but the GFSv16 (future operational model) is now available on the Pivotal Weather site.

Looks like some significant changes were made to the model.  Hopefully, someone more in the know can chime in.

https://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/emc/pages/numerical_forecast_systems/gfs/gfsv16/GFSv16 Project Plan Draft v1.0.pdf

21 hours ago, GATECH said:

Colorado weather is fun, when I went to school out there in Greeley, In 1992, in March we went from 80’s and sun midday, to thunderstorms with tornadoes in the afternoon, to raging blizzard by midnight.  Next mourning 3 feet of snow on the ground.  That was a lot of weather in 24 hours!

Ditto for central OK.  March, 1989.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic