Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discobs 2020

George BM

9 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

No. Maybe flurries for you verbatim at like D13?  But heavy rain and some cold air. 

Ahh, i didn't look. So was just guessing.

Cold air would be nice. I'm a bit over these warm temps for the end of October. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mappy said:

Ahh, i didn't look. So was just guessing.

Cold air would be nice. I'm a bit over these warm temps for the end of October. 

work sucked today.  Its wasn't bad until the sun came out and then instant blast furnace.  With water 

• Like 1

Looking forward to a fall-like day on Sunday, with temps in the 50s, in between episodes of persistent east coast ridging. Maybe the actual cold front will finally make it here by the end of next week, with some rain and seasonably chilly temps.

Typical La Nina pattern. We should all get used to this.

Just now, losetoa6 said:

I disagree.  Trick or treating using some common sense is extremely low risk imo and its outdoors . My teen daughter's plan on taking my young niece.  Sure ...there will be those who won't allow their little Sally go because its unsafe and that's their decision but most will imo if local jurisdiction allow .

Could be. But most will realize that the candy will touch other people's hands prior to being received in your child's candy bag. Doubtful many homeowners are going to go to the lengths of wearing gloves. And you have to be within 6ft to get candy unless you're tossing it into a bag. 

I know a few counties are already "strongly discouraging" it. I'd assume the more lax jurisdictions will completely allow it and likely the more rural locations as well. I think people will still try - but far less households are going to open their doors. Perhaps the unattended bowls. 

51 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

I doubt there will be many trick-or-treaters at all. And most events are probably off the table. Lots of bars already shuttered again. 

Our neighborhood is decorated up. We're doing the whole candy down the PVC pipe for the kids.

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

By snow? :yikes:

New Windsor canceled Trick or treating?

No one can cancel trick or treating. 

2 hours ago, Kmlwx said:

The PVC is a great idea! 

Couldn't a local government issue a curfew? 

Sure they could, but it wouldn't be taken seriously by the residents.

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

A eastern shore town did  a few weeks ago and had to backpedal because of an outpouring of complaints. 

Well they're dumb for doing that. This is the one holiday that you can easily physically distance and still have fun. Hell, just dress up like a nurse or plague doctor and you're good to go.

2 minutes ago, high risk said:

Sunday looks like a really rotten day - still not clear whether we'll have periods of rain or just some occasional drizzle, but low clouds with temps stuck in the 40s seems fairly likely.

good to know. we still need to close the pool. gonna have to get it wrapped up tomorrow so we aren't hating ourselves out in the crappy weather sunday :lol: 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Good. I love sun but these temps suck

I'll take Sunday even if its cloudy with a stiff breeze and some showers. It ends this warm, stagnant pattern, and even though we ridge again for the beginning of the week, it won't be as warm and will be short lived as the trough finally heads east. Looks like a decent chance of a more significant wet period late next week, with cooler temps into next weekend.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic