Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discobs 2020

George BM

3 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

This is the most H20 comment I could have woken up to. Now you have to change your username to FogBoobz

Wish I could.  it was the main reason I joined Eastern.  The current wx symbol attached to your location reporting station.  I miss those days.  i also miss snow traffic snow cams, alpacas, wx stations in mulch, shutters blowing off, heat lightening(Hi @mappy), slant sticks, inflated obs, puking snow, weight lifting bets, HOW MUCH FOR CARBONDALE.

Back to wx.  Still foggu out.

No one caught my typo. :(

4 hours ago, H2O said:

Wish I could.  it was the main reason I joined Eastern.  The current wx symbol attached to your location reporting station.  I miss those days.  i also miss snow traffic snow cams, alpacas, wx stations in mulch, shutters blowing off, heat lightening(Hi @mappy), slant sticks, inflated obs, puking snow, weight lifting bets, HOW MUCH FOR CARBONDALE.

Back to wx.  Still foggu out.

No one caught my typo. :(

lol @ foggu

also

tenor.gif

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Desperately need rain here.  Hopefully the big sw dump of energy on guidance will work east for a soaker in the day 7-10 range . This mid upper 70s can take a hike to.

Yeah brother.  I got used to fall too early with the September to remember.  30s for lows couple days at my location?  Blasphemy! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BristowWx said:

Yeah brother.  I got used to fall too early with the September to remember.  30s for lows couple days at my location?  Blasphemy! 

Outside of Sunday when we briefly get into a cooler E/NE flow, it wont feel much like fall for at least the next week. The eastern ridge quickly builds back early next week, with warmer temps.

The guidance continues to forecast lower heights up top on our side of the pole (+AO/NAO) going forward, which is not very conducive to getting cold air delivery into our region. Maybe by the end of next week we see a decent cool down with a flat ridge building in the western US, but that looks pretty iffy.

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

The guidance continues to forecast lower heights up top on our side of the pole (+AO/NAO) going forward, which is not very conducive to getting cold air delivery into our region. Maybe by the end of next week we see a decent cool down with a flat ridge building in the western US, but that looks pretty iffy.

Ggem never really brings the warm air back after the front moves south Sunday. That’s an outlier solution or now, but we’re in the time of year where wedges erode slower than forecast more often than not. 

It does look like we get cool late next week, but looks fairly pedestrian for Halloween. Maybe first freeze for some.

13 minutes ago, toolsheds said:
51 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

but could see stars

Me too. I actually saw a meteor from the Orionid around 5:15 am.....

Me three. I took a 53 minute walk this morning (5:11am - 6:04am). I saw the stars, Mars and Venus through the fog like you two. But probably looked down the one moment the meteor went by. :arrowhead: Mars disappeared low in the western sky into the fog before I got back.

9 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

No kidding. I don't think I've seen a thicker fog here in the 10 years I've worked in downtown Baltimore. This is unreal.

was pretty thick earlier, could barely see our neighbors houses, both front and backyards. then the sun popped out a bit, fog cleared.. and then more fog rolled back in. not as bad as earlier, but still pretty foggy. 

54 minutes ago, mappy said:

was pretty thick earlier, could barely see our neighbors houses, both front and backyards. then the sun popped out a bit, fog cleared.. and then more fog rolled back in. not as bad as earlier, but still pretty foggy. 

It was really bad here too.  Could barely see 30 feet in front of this morning when i made a quick trip to Ace Hardware. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic