Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discobs 2020

George BM

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Good chance for our first midnight high of the season for tomorrow!

edit...more fully, models other than the euro brought back rain for the metro stress tonight and tomorrow. Also looks like some widespread 30s Saturday morning. 

I think @CAPE will stress about his rain soaked mosquito bog based on the models.

As the GEFS trended warmer during the past 48 hours, and towards the earlier warmish Euro runs, the overnight EPS trends colder as the month nears an end, which looks very interesting. Possibly some wave breaking and influences from the tropical system. An interesting North Atlantic may be in the cards as well.

20 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

What kind of QPF is Euro spitting out?

Like 0.1-0.3” for I-95, less northwest and more southeast. Stripe of 1” for southern eastern shore of MD and DE into southeast VA. 

Consensus is definitely putting the max east of the metro corridor, but euro is by itself with minimal rain in the metro area.

4 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Non-euro models are back to a moderate rain event tonight and tomorrow. Euro edged west, but still the driest model for the metro areas and suburbs.

And 18z goes back east. Haven’t heard about 18z euro. Good thing this isn’t snow or we’d be going nuts.

10 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

And 18z goes back east. Haven’t heard about 18z euro. Good thing this isn’t snow or we’d be going nuts.

All the mesos, CMC, ICON now have a pretty sharp cutoff along I-95 as the Euro has been advertising. 6z GFS still has some decent rain(0.2 - 0.3") northwest of there.

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

All the mesos, CMC, ICON now have a pretty sharp cutoff along I-95 as the Euro has been advertising. 6z GFS still has some decent rain(0.2 - 0.3") northwest of there.

Nothing here so far, but that batch moving in from the south looks to probably just clip me. 

Saw something strange in the sky last night (bad photo I know - upper band in this is the lower band, ignore cloud below) in Royal Oak MD, photo taken facing west.  Went outside after dinner, probably a little after 8 pm and saw what looked like 2 contrails, one right above the other. Lower was more dense and above one lighter and taller (didn’t show up in photo). Then we noticed that they never moved/drifted. Went out to dock to a get a better view and saw that each kept its shape/density and seemed to curve like a halo from each edge of horizon. It finally all faded after about 2 hours. Any one have any ideas as to what this could have been? 

F389681F-BEE2-4817-A9C7-623A705AF24B.jpeg

6 hours ago, esullivan said:

Saw something strange in the sky last night (bad photo I know - upper band in this is the lower band, ignore cloud below) in Royal Oak MD, photo taken facing west.  Went outside after dinner, probably a little after 8 pm and saw what looked like 2 contrails, one right above the other. Lower was more dense and above one lighter and taller (didn’t show up in photo). Then we noticed that they never moved/drifted. Went out to dock to a get a better view and saw that each kept its shape/density and seemed to curve like a halo from each edge of horizon. It finally all faded after about 2 hours. Any one have any ideas as to what this could have been? 

F389681F-BEE2-4817-A9C7-623A705AF24B.jpeg

There were two airliners that put out chemtrails right around sunset, going in a slight SE to NW direction, and the contrails stuck around for a while.  I noted how close they were together (or at least how close they looked from my spot on land) and how the timing wasn't that far apart from the appearance of one plane to the next because with the reduction in overseas air travel I don't see them go by at that altitude as often as they used to.

(I saw them as they were going past DC to the north)

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic