Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discobs 2020

George BM

3 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

1.36" 

54 degrees 

Strong h5 energy coming underneath us per Ukmet ...just in time to hit the north mid Atlantic and NE lol. It actually does give some areas of the forum  an inch or so of rain and high temps in the 40s Saturday .

PhotoPictureResizer_201012_123035671_crop_1440x1175.jpg

That sounds lovely.

Nearing 2” here. More than I expected 

I still haven't had to turn on the furnace, seeing if I can hold out until Friday/Saturday. Indoor temp dropped to 65 once but has held relatively steady for the past month around 68-70. Don't think that will last if lows in the 40s/30s happen. Turned on the AC once when it was humid around Sept 20th, but it has been a very good window-controlled HVAC season this fall.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, frd said:

Models have been underestimating the WAR at times. 

It all depends on the phase/amplitude of the longwave pattern. Euro amps the PAC ridge and digs the trough in out west, with +heights building downstream over the east. GFS is more progressive.

Euro led the way back in September with the highly amped pattern, digging the trough into the 4 corners region and giving the Denver area snow. GFS was initially less amped/more progressive with that energy.

3 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Models are all but bone dry here . I was hoping for a 2 for 2 . When my well dries up I'll be drinking heavily that night .

Day 10 Euro has a tropical low lurking off the southeast coast.  That'll save my well.

Trends are drier here too, which is fine with me. Still looks like a half inch or so.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic