Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discobs 2020

George BM

21 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Overnight globals all bring remnants of Delta through the southern part of the region this weekend. Worth keeping an eye on. 

Saw that this morning when the WPC made come changes that would effect my area.

Not thrilled it is a weekend,  but we will see. 

Mount Holly did not go into a lot of discussion about it with the AM AFD, as it is 6 days away.  

Meanwhile, parts of New England remain in an extreme drought. 

97ep48iwbg_fill.gif?1601901329

53 minutes ago, frd said:

Saw that this morning when the WPC made come changes that would effect my area.

Not thrilled it is a weekend,  but we will see. 

Mount Holly did not go into a lot of discussion about it with the AM AFD, as it is 6 days away.  

Meanwhile, parts of New England remain in an extreme drought. 

97ep48iwbg_fill.gif?1601901329

I’d put money on all the remnants staying south and having a sunny Saturday emerge. Kinda of a preview of how our winter will go. Looks great 5 days out, and then in actuality...:thumbsdown:

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Rain totals from Delta this weekend keep going in the wrong direction on the gfs for those that want rain. The euro still looks decent.

Good. It hasn't rained in days here and it's still so wet still that my lawn mower leaves ruts in my yard when I tried to cut the grass yesterday. Hopefully it ends up sunny and dry.

15 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Good. It hasn't rained in days here and it's still so wet still that my lawn mower leaves ruts in my yard when I tried to cut the grass yesterday. Hopefully it ends up sunny and dry.

Noticed the shorter days, and less solar heating,  means it takes much longer to dry things out.  Found out when looking at grass seedlings  and checking soil moisture.  It was still rather wet ad moist.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dailylurker said:

Latest trends are for a a wet period from late Sunday through mid week. Just how wet remains to be seen. At his point it doesn't look like anything excessive.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dailylurker said:

That's really amazing.  Here, it has been so dry that I had to mask up to cut the lawn because so much dust was being kicked up.

As for Delta's leftovers:  enjoy your rain S and E of I-95!

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

That's really amazing.  Here, it has been so dry that I had to mask up to cut the lawn because so much dust was being kicked up.

As for Delta's leftovers:  enjoy your rain S and E of I-95!

Probably means you have really good soil ... in addition to being dry.

8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

@losetoa6 is rooting for the 0z euro solution. 2”+ through Tuesday. 

Major globals all clueing into a strong cold front or two late next week into the weekend with frost and freeze chances possible.

I was just going to post this lol. It does look good for the northern burbs and further NE for heavier rain.

GFS not so much. Just a general inch or so across the region.

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

@losetoa6 is rooting for the 0z euro solution. 2”+ through Tuesday. 

Major globals all clueing into a strong cold front or two late next week into the weekend with frost and freeze chances possible.

Seems Delta may trigger chain of events leading to polar blocking and arctic intrusion.  

19 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

6 days ahead of schedule is excellent work by ROC. They said the 16th...

What even happened? I've been swamped with life lately but literally every time I checked radar seemingly for the past few weeks, it's been down. Just seemed like an insanely long time without radar.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic