Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October Banter 2020

George BM

45 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I wish I could say the same. Working from home has meant that my breakfasts and lunches are bigger than they used to be. When I go into the office I just have snack-y things (Belvitas, granola bars, etc.) in the morning and afternoon, but now I have full bowls of cereal or toast and eggs for breakfast then a sandwich or something for lunch...with maybe a snack of chips in there somewhere.

As for drink quantities...that, too. :lol:

I haven't been able to reg exercise like I used to the last couple months(shit hurts more and lingers) so to combat getting fat I've done better portion control.  So thats helped.  But now i'm counting calories for the booze.  Like if I know I'm going to have 6 beers or so I do the math and nibble on baby carrots for a snack instead of chips or fries or donuts or pop tarts or waffles.

Jesus I eat horribly

1 hour ago, George BM said:

We need another "No Thunder" severe risk here. :weenie:

I do remember getting warned for severe thunderstorms where there was zero lightning detected and (of course) no thunder.  I suspect it was based on wind only and while we did not see severe criteria wind, it was some gusty showers and pea sized hail.

Sometimes we never get warned and experience ridiculous CG too!  I pay attention particularly to lightning as I've been knocked out numerous times when working on fence lines and cabling that picked up charges from hits miles away.  Not fun at all.  It's like that sensation of hitting your so called funny bone (elbow region) but amplified 1000 times through your entire body.  I've been "sunburned" by side flashes on my neck and arms too.  This is why family members move away from me during bad storms! ;)

I love to watch (lightning) but thanks to tech I can do it remotely through movable remote controlled cameras.  If it's not too bad I'll take a gander off the porch but those close ones I back off and retreat.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, H2O said:

I haven't been able to reg exercise like I used to the last couple months(shit hurts more and lingers) so to combat getting fat I've done better portion control.  So thats helped.  But now i'm counting calories for the booze.  Like if I know I'm going to have 6 beers or so I do the math and nibble on baby carrots for a snack instead of chips or fries or donuts or pop tarts or waffles.

Jesus I eat horribly

Smart man.

6 hours ago, mappy said:

it was arson. guy was arrested for it today. what a asshole. 

If I think about, I can’t see straight. He “lived” a block from me, though I think he probably didn’t live anywhere very long. I keep trying to find a picture of him because I’m sure that I would recognize him. Hopefully he gets the maximum sentence. I have the first four Jilly mugs from the mug club, and I just re-upped a couple of weeks ago, so my fifth mug is dust. That should be enough for an extra 25 years.

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

If I think about, I can’t see straight. He “lived” a block from me, though I think he probably didn’t live anywhere very long. I keep trying to find a picture of him because I’m sure that I would recognize him. Hopefully he gets the maximum sentence. I have the first four Jilly mugs from the mug club, and I just re-upped a couple of weeks ago, so my fifth mug is dust. That should be enough for an extra 25 years.

The whole situation really sucks. Coincidentally I just mentioned Jilly's to my father a few days ago. I haven't been there in a good while but I used to eat there at least once a week.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

yeah seems the guy had beef with the place the night before, was told to leave and made a scene. police were called and issued a no-trespassing citation on him so he wouldn't come back. even warned the employees that he'd be back. he admitted to police on the scene the following day that he messed with the heaters and used bleach to try and stop the fire that he started. 

hope he gets the book thrown at him. i'm sorry that happened in your community, def not something it needs right now. :( 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WeatherShak said:

Anyone turned their heat on yet?  I'm still holding out, but my WIFE (just got married!) is starting to chirp a little... 64 in the house this afternoon.  

My wife requires the house to be between 66 and 72 degrees at all times, so we just have the thermostat set to hot/cold all year long.  There is no off-season.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mappy said:

Post 33,000

been here too damn long and talk way too much 

Is that akin to the stock market?  I remember when we hit 1000 for the first time in 1972 (yes, I'm old).  There was a debate on whether we'd EVER hit 2000, which took 15 years.  Your at 33,000+ now.  What's next, 50k?  :maprain:Appreciate everything you do that most of us never see...   Prost.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Ah man, Sean Connery died. Talk about an iconic actor. RIP

Yeah, heard about that...RIP, James Bond!!  And of course he was iconic in so many other roles as well.  I especially liked him as the doddering, semi-absent minded old professor/dad in the 3rd Indiana Jones (Last Crusade).  He was perfect, with so many good lines in there, and actually could humble Indiana Jones with the stare and raised eyebrow.  One of my other favorites was "The Man Who Would Be King", with Connery and Michael Caine.

Sad news...as if we haven't had enough in 2020.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic