Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
October Banter 2020

George BM

6 hours ago, CAPE said:

The offensive problems the Ravens are having this year go deeper than Lamar. Ofc he is the quarterback, and the MVP, so he gets all the attention, good or bad. The OL and the crappy play calling are the bigger issues, and for those who want him to throw outside downfield with more success, where are the big and talented wideouts that can make those contested and back shoulder catches? Hollywood is not that guy. Boykin? LOL. Ravens have always been terrible at drafting legit playmaking wide receivers. They need to solidify the OL and get back to playing smash mouth football, and feature the most talented back they have- Dobbins. He gets a few carries a game and does more with those than Ingram carrying the ball the whole game. He had all of one carry yesterday, and it was dazzling. Another head scratcher with the "game plan".

There has been rumor of a Lamar injury (groin, leg?) His cuts and fakes have not been as crisp this year. Not sure if its a factor or if its the team drilling into his head "do not run first". They seem to have gotten away from those option hand offs that were so smooth even the cameraman had problems figuring out who had the ball. I liked seeing some of the reverses to our speedsters yesterday. Would like to see more of that and schemes to get them moving quick to the edge. Much like what KC does with Hill in the backfield. 

Belichick and Gruden have shown the game plan to our kryptonite. It involves a run heavy offense to grind clock and keep Maholmes off the field. Had Cam been healthy I think the Pats win the game last week. On defense we need to stop blitzing every down. So far his weakness has been coverage sacks. KC is good though so we will see how they adjust down the road.

4 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

There has been rumor of a Lamar injury (groin, leg?) His cuts and fakes have not been as crisp this year. Not sure if its a factor or if its the team drilling into his head "do not run first". They seem to have gotten away from those option hand offs that were so smooth even the cameraman had problems figuring out who had the ball. I liked seeing some of the reverses to our speedsters yesterday. Would like to see more of that and schemes to get them moving quick to the edge. Much like what KC does with Hill in the backfield. 

Belichick and Gruden have shown the game plan to our kryptonite. It involves a run heavy offense to grind clock and keep Maholmes off the field. Had Cam been healthy I think the Pats win the game last week. On defense we need to stop blitzing every down. So far his weakness has been coverage sacks. KC is good though so we will see how they adjust down the road.

No kidding, They have completely abandon that. I don't get the feeling he is hurt though. I think this is an attempt to 'transform him' to keep him healthy, and/or its just Roman being a dope and going pass happy when the team is better suited to pounding it on the ground. The main offseason goal was to be able to keep defenses from loading the box by stretching the field on the outside a bit more, and to do that you need the right type of receivers. Hollywood can do it, but he is not a big, physical target. There have been a few times in the last 2 games where Lamar got the ball to him but he short-armed it, or didn't strongly pull it in. Ofc they went and drafted another smallish, fast guy instead of a tall, physical playmaker.

3 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

One of the dumbest decisions I’ve ever seen. It’s a fireable offense IMO. You kick that field goal and you basically can’t lose in regulation 

Disagree.  Analytics says go for it.  You need less than a yard and the game is over.  The ball never touches Russ’s hands again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mdhokie said:

There has been rumor of a Lamar injury (groin, leg?) His cuts and fakes have not been as crisp this year

Makes sense.  I think ti goes back to the limited time for training camps because of Covid.  I know these players are world class athletes, and most of them do keep in superior shape year round, but being in shape and being in game shape are two different things.   Way too many non-contact injuries across the board for the league this year. 

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

Disagree.  Analytics says go for it.  You need less than a yard and the game is over.  The ball never touches Russ’s hands again.

Yeah I was texting my son...they were bashing the hawks with the run. Mattison probably could have cut right and scored but I don't disagree with the call. One win team...go for it

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Yeah I was texting my son...they were bashing the hawks with the run. Mattison probably could have cut right and scored but I don't disagree with the call. One win team...go for it

And unfortunately we are still a one win team after basically giving away a sure win.

I don’t know why I even care. We could go 16-0 and would lose in the first round. I’ve got about 50 years of misery stockpiled with the Vikings. What’s a little more?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I've been at my current job long enough to unlock the extra 5 days vacation perk. My youngest is in college. And I have a 2-year-old lab who loves the car and hikes.  All of which means, given the dire chatter in the winter thread, I am mentally packed to chase snow this season. A bunch.

You won’t have to go any further than Winchester B)

• Like 1

The lone good thing I see about this winter is that we literally have not one model posting even anything decent for the winter. Every thing looks ugly. This is beautiful for a contrarian like me. I will take my chances and hope. And btw I couldn’t do much worse than the 10 mangled snowflakes that I saw last winter. 

My girlfriend and I raced up to a Frederick coffee shop early this afternoon and did our weekly meetings from there. Then I rode my bike for the rest of the afternoon into this evening going through the covered bridges around the area, and then met back up with my girl at Attaboy Brewery. Enjoying a pressed Cuban sandwich from the food truck (Matto-Press) and a barrel aged cherry sour. Both are phenomenal. And a nice, empty outdoor seating area here too.

image.jpeg.ff9563f7c3c50b100b5fa7a59a0015c5.jpeg

image.jpeg.6c216b3285c5e2d9431c45793c755d95.jpeg

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

The lone good thing I see about this winter is that we literally have not one model posting even anything decent for the winter. Every thing looks ugly. This is beautiful for a contrarian like me. I will take my chances and hope. And btw I couldn’t do much worse than the 10 mangled snowflakes that I saw last winter. 

On a bit of a Nina roll there. Can we make it 3 for 3 on Jan beach snowstorms? Never know.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

My girlfriend and I raced up to a Frederick coffee shop early this afternoon and did our weekly meetings from there. Then I rode my bike for the rest of the afternoon into this evening going through the covered bridges around the area, and then met back up with my girl at Attaboy Brewery. Enjoying a pressed Cuban sandwich from the food truck (Matto-Press) and a barrel aged cherry sour. Both are phenomenal. And a nice, empty outdoor seating area here too.

image.jpeg.ff9563f7c3c50b100b5fa7a59a0015c5.jpeg

image.jpeg.6c216b3285c5e2d9431c45793c755d95.jpeg

Where is that covered bridge at?  Looks like the one in Thurmont we would take our dogs swimming too.

@CAPE

I’m starting the yeast this evening for the Fear imperial pumpkin beer clone (we call it Ichabod’s Imperial Pumpkin). I’ll pick the pumpkins from the garden this afternoon and roast them to make a pumpkin slurry for the mash, and then brewing on Sunday, 

Maybe we can meet in a couple of weeks on Kent Island and I can give you a growler.

image.jpeg.dd61405710063ceb5339ca36ad7b08ef.jpeg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

@CAPE

I’m starting the yeast this evening for the Fear imperial pumpkin beer clone (we call it Ichabod’s Imperial Pumpkin). I’ll pick the pumpkins from the garden this afternoon and roast them to make a pumpkin slurry for the mash, and then brewing on Sunday, 

Maybe we can meet in a couple of weeks on Kent Island and I can give you a growler.

image.jpeg.dd61405710063ceb5339ca36ad7b08ef.jpeg

Great name and artwork. Yours will probably be better, although that is probably my fav overall. What spices are going to be prominent? 

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

Great name and artwork. Yours will probably be better, although that is probably my fav overall. What spices are going to be prominent? 

My girlfriend makes all of our keezer beer signs, so no credit to me for the artwork.  I generally go about half of what recipes call for with spices because they can really overpower a beer quickly, so we use 1.5 teaspoon per 5 gallon batch with a combo of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice.  I might throw a couple of dashes pumpkin pie spice in during the whirlpool for aroma.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

My girlfriend makes all of our keezer beer signs, so no credit to me for the artwork.  I generally go about half of what recipes call for with spices because they can really overpower a beer quickly, so we use 1.5 teaspoon per 5 gallon batch with a combo of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice.  I might throw a couple of dashes pumpkin pie spice in during the whirlpool for aroma.

Good man. This is why there are very few pumpkin beers I like. Too many badly done ones that nauseate me about halfway through the first one.

I like the DFH Punkin Ale more than I have in the past.. It has a decent hint of cloves and a bit of cinnamon, but not at all overwhelming.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Carroll county public schools pulled the rug on highschool returning to in person ( Hybrid)on Monday...they waited to the last effing minute.  My 16 yr old  daughter is very disappointed.  She is by her own idea going to email the school system.  I told her speak up for yourself.  I just talked to my brother tonight and he lives in Dallastown, Pa school district and they're are on week 6 of full in person with teachers full in person as well. They've had no school closures as of yet and just scattered cases with no serious illnesses or deaths.  This is repeated all over the country . But you won't hear about it on mainstream media because it doesn't fit the narrative.  These kids deserve wayy better.  Get the kids back in school.  No science supports 100% virtual for everyone.  Kids being IN the classroom is essential and Teachers are essential to being in the classroom with them ... period. We are ALL essential...to each other, our families,  communities,  and to keep this country afloat . Rant over . I'm sure this post will offend someone and it will be deleted most likely.  That's ok. 

It is insane that some schools are not back in person.  My kids have been going since late August and we have had no issues.  I am also in Pennsylvania 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Carroll county public schools pulled the rug on highschool returning to in person ( Hybrid)on Monday...they waited to the last effing minute.  My 16 yr old  daughter is very disappointed.  She is by her own idea going to email the school system.  I told her speak up for yourself.  I just talked to my brother tonight and he lives in Dallastown, Pa school district and they're are on week 6 of full in person with teachers full in person as well. They've had no school closures as of yet and just scattered cases with no serious illnesses or deaths.  This is repeated all over the country . But you won't hear about it on mainstream media because it doesn't fit the narrative.  These kids deserve wayy better.  Get the kids back in school.  No science supports 100% virtual for everyone.  Kids being IN the classroom is essential and Teachers are essential to being in the classroom with them ... period. We are ALL essential...to each other, our families,  communities,  and to keep this country afloat . Rant over . I'm sure this post will offend someone and it will be deleted most likely.  That's ok. 

It’s no surprise why school enrollment in public schools (at least around here in NoVA) is down this year.  School leaders have failed students and parents IMO. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic