Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Banter 2020

George BM

8 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I knew they would postpone it. When the news broke this morning they were planning to go ahead with it.

Patriots are going the way of the Titans. Apparently not following protocol. Not that the NFL protocol is very good.

I’m not much into the conspiracy theories that float around these days, but it’s almost as if the Patriots deliberately had a positive case this morning. 

:whistle:

• Haha 1

Nice of the Bengals to run out the clock on this drive. Ravens offense could have used the work though. Still sputtering along. Lamar made some bad decisions under pressure and got away with a few. O line is shaky and inconsistent, both pass and run blocking

Would not be surprised if Antonio Brown is a Raven in the next few weeks. They really have limited threats downfield outside of Hollywood, and he is too small to be the only guy.

i also thought it was strange that Lamar only ran 2 or 3 times.  Last year, he would take off when nobody was open downfield.  He also seemed to step up in the pocket and run more last year as well.  He now seems to be trying to force passes, when he could be getting 5 to 7 yards each time. 

Some of this is probably the coaching staff trying to keep him healthy, but he needs to bring a little of that style of play back to be more successful 

10 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

i also thought it was strange that Lamar only ran 2 or 3 times.  Last year, he would take off when nobody was open downfield.  He also seemed to step up in the pocket and run more last year as well.  He now seems to be trying to force passes, when he could be getting 5 to 7 yards each time. 

Some of this is probably the coaching staff trying to keep him healthy, but he needs to bring a little of that style of play back to be more successful 

Maybe the knee/illness and lack of practice, but that doesn't even make much sense given the apparent "game plan". There is definitely a change in the play calling this season, seemingly to limit his running. I still don't get why they don't seem to run as much overall though, given the 3 great backs they have. Throwing 37 times today? That is not how this offense works. The OL has looked pretty meh so far, but Harbaugh needs to have a closed door meeting with Roman. He did this same crap years ago with SF. Lamar is not Mahomes. Let Lamar be Lamar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toolsheds said:

Defenses are setting the edges and he can't get outside. They are daring him to win with his arm, and he isn't much of a threat this year in that regard (a few heroic completions by Andrews aside). The Ravens are feasting on terrible teams, and they are lucky the AFC in general is pretty bad this year. Really the whole league looks pretty shaky. But the Ravens will struggle against any team that can score 20-30 every game. I see them as one and done in the playoffs unless they catch fire, which seems to happen with Lamar so who knows.

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

I know many in Balmer react violently to this idea these days, but Lamar is not the long-term solution everyone hoped for. He has been figured out by the league, IMO. These scramble QBs always need to convert into pocket passers or they fade away. Mahomes and Wilson did it. Most do not.

Just like how folks thought he'd been "figured out" by the league after the first playoff loss in 2018-19...lol 

Too early to say that, dude...He's 23 years old (not mention still the reigning MVP)...so we cannot know for sure yet. Now by the end of this season we'll have a better idea. League adjusts, but now we have to wait to see what he does to adjust. This is essentially like a sophomore season for him, imo (despite it being year three).

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Just like how folks thought he'd been "figured out" by the league after the first playoff loss in 2018-19...lol 

Too early to say that, dude...He's 23 years old (not mention still the reigning MVP)...so we cannot know for sure yet. Now by the end of this season we'll have a better idea. League adjusts, but now we have to wait to see what he does to adjust. This is essentially like a sophomore season for him, imo (despite it being year three).

Sure, we'll see. But there is some precedence here with the running QBs over the years. Lamar is not the first QB with this "gimmick." He may be the most talented, but not the first. He needs to learn to win a game solely with his arm.

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

There is a reason the the stats and announcers keep saying that when the Ravens fall behind they are toast...

Lamar can't orchestrate a comeback with his arm.

A real sensitive subject in Baltimore... sure, we will see.

Don't disagree about the comeback problem...he has to learn how to do that. But where I do disagree is your proclamation of it already being a done deal. Now if it's not fixed before the end of the season, then perhaps--but until then...too soon to say.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Don't disagree about the comeback problem...he has to learn how to do that. But where I do disagree is your proclamation of it already being a done deal. Now if it's not fixed before the end of the season, then perhaps--but until then...too soon to say.

The offensive problems the Ravens are having this year go deeper than Lamar. Ofc he is the quarterback, and the MVP, so he gets all the attention, good or bad. The OL and the crappy play calling are the bigger issues, and for those who want him to throw outside downfield with more success, where are the big and talented wideouts that can make those contested and back shoulder catches? Hollywood is not that guy. Boykin? LOL. Ravens have always been terrible at drafting legit playmaking wide receivers. They need to solidify the OL and get back to playing smash mouth football, and feature the most talented back they have- Dobbins. He gets a few carries a game and does more with those than Ingram carrying the ball the whole game. He had all of one carry yesterday, and it was dazzling. Another head scratcher with the "game plan".

From Ravens 247-

REPORT CARD: Wink Head of the Class, Roman Fails

I wish I had an answer to the offensive play calling. I do not. It doesn’t make sense to me. My best guess is that Roman doesn’t trust the offensive line to effectively run block. However, I think it’s a stretch to say they’ve been that bad.

Even when the Ravens were up 17-0 he wouldn’t commit to the ground game. It’s a tough one to figure out. Hopefully an improved performance at RG develops trust across the whole team, including the coaching staff. They need to run the ball to get the offense going.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks he has been awful.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic