Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October Banter 2020

George BM

9 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I just looked up by accident towards the north as soon as I stepped outside and already saw a Draconid meteor. This is gonna be a positive bust for once :lol:

Mars, Saturn and Jupiter all look good- I might be out here all night!

About a week ago, I was walking Wonderdog at about 6:30 am and saw what I first thought was a plane but it suddenly just burned up. But there was no sound so I assumed it was a meteor. What surprised me was that I saw it so clearly and I wasn't wearing my glasses. Must have been pretty low.

2 hours ago, Wonderdog said:

About a week ago, I was walking Wonderdog at about 6:30 am and saw what I first thought was a plane but it suddenly just burned up. But there was no sound so I assumed it was a meteor. What surprised me was that I saw it so clearly and I wasn't wearing my glasses. Must have been pretty low.

I saw it too (it was around 6:20), and nearly posted about it.  It was on a south-north trajectory, pretty low and I noticed it was pretty much going along at the same altitude before it disappeared.  Given I live near DCA, my first thought was, "This is not a regular airplane out of DCA", then I thought maybe the rocket launch at Wallops had happened and it was flying awfully low (the launch was the night before, and yes, I realize a rocket flying that low would be a problem), followed by thinking it was maybe a fighter jet on full afterburner, although there was no noise like you said.  It was that bright.

3 hours ago, Wonderdog said:

50 minutes ago, fourseasons said:

I saw it too (it was around 6:20), and nearly posted about it.  It was on a south-north trajectory, pretty low and I noticed it was pretty much going along at the same altitude before it disappeared.  Given I live near DCA, my first thought was, "This is not a regular airplane out of DCA", then I thought maybe the rocket launch at Wallops had happened and it was flying awfully low (the launch was the night before, and yes, I realize a rocket flying that low would be a problem), followed by thinking it was maybe a fighter jet on full afterburner, although there was no noise like you said.  It was that bright.

Yeap. You two saw this.

event5441-2020-map-2.jpg

https://www.amsmeteors.org/2020/09/bright-fireball-caught-above-ohio/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, George BM said:

Thanks.

What's interesting for me is that I was looking at it through a window that points pretty much due north and from my vantage point I was looking NNE when I saw it, like I was looking at something going over the Potomac.

Flacco gets the start for the Jets.. I hope he has a renaissance! 

I personally think that Flacco had a better first two years than Lamar.  

I never worried about Flacco going up to Foxboro in a big game.. I have doubts that Lamar can beat Mahomes..

I also have doubts that Lamar can win a big game. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, 40westwx said:

Flacco gets the start for the Jets.. I hope he has a renaissance! 

I personally think that Flacco had a better first two years than Lamar.  

I never worried about Flacco going up to Foxboro in a big game.. I have doubts that Lamar can beat Mahomes..

I also have doubts that Lamar can win a big game. 

Flacco had a decent run. His career is over.

Lamar is 23, and was MVP in his first full season. Yeah he needs be able to carry his team when it counts, but remember a guy named Payton Manning? How did he do in his first few shots at getting it done for his team with it all on the line?

I wonder why it is that you doubt Lamar.

33 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Lamar is 23, and was MVP in his first full season. Yeah he needs be able to carry his team when it counts, but remember a guy named Payton Manning? How did he do in his first few shots at getting it done for his team with it all on the line?

As a great leader once said.. He "choke(s), just like in a golf tournament, they miss a 3-foot putt," 

4 hours ago, CAPE said:

Having fun 

I hope Flacco kills it out there. Baltimore owes him a huge debt of gratitude. His 2012 playoff run was legendary and probably the best QB playoff run in NFL history. Joe was unstoppable during those four games and beat two QBs who are considered GOAT candidates in their own houses. It's not like he was beating up on backup QBs out there... going to Denver and New England to face Manning and Brady back-to-back was a nightmare run for any team.

I think the hype after that run made it inevitable he would disappoint.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CAPE said:

Dont get me wrong.. Lamar could possibly be the most entertaining athlete in the history of Baltimore Sports.. the only thing that comes close might be  Ray Lewis when he was single handedly winning games on the defensive side of the ball...

I cannot speak for Palmer or Frank in their prime..but I heard that they were pretty good.. and swimming is just.. you know.. swimming. 

but I doubt Lamar because he has not proven that he can win the big game. 

Flacco won like 3 playoff games in his first two seasons.. 10 playoff wins overall.. which btw ranks 10th all time.. the nine above him are the greatest of all time.  My wife thinks Flacco is on the spectrum, that he doesnt experience nervousness like normal people do.. I think there may be some truth to that.  

If he stays healthy.. he has a chance to win some games in New York.  I dont expect anything more.. there is not much talent around him.

15 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

Dont get me wrong.. Lamar could possibly be the most entertaining athlete in the history of Baltimore Sports.. the only thing that comes close might be  Ray Lewis when he was single handedly winning games on the defensive side of the ball...

I cannot speak for Palmer or Frank in their prime..but I heard that they were pretty good.. and swimming is just.. you know.. swimming. 

but I doubt Lamar because he has not proven that he can win the big game. 

Flacco won like 3 playoff games in his first two seasons.. 10 playoff wins overall.. which btw ranks 10th all time.. the nine above him are the greatest of all time.  My wife thinks Flacco is on the spectrum, that he doesnt experience nervousness like normal people do.. I think there may be some truth to that.  

If he stays healthy.. he has a chance to win some games in New York.  I dont expect anything more.. there is not much talent around him.

The Jets are atrocious. Flacco is risking his health, and for what? Its actually sad. He had a nice career, and he will go down as a decent NFL QB who got hot and played like Joe Montana at the exact right time- and earned him the massive contract.  He should retire now.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic