Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Banter 2020

George BM

16 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Yup. It astonishes me how a large part of this country eats. They eat crap no human was ever meant to eat, even once, and they do it daily. And walking 10 feet is a workout. Lack of information, and conditioning. I avoid fast food and refined sugar like a plague.

I, too, avoid fast food and and am very active, but avoiding refined sugar is difficult as they hide it everywhere now (even in “healthy” foods).

41 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I, too, avoid fast food and and am very active, but avoiding refined sugar is difficult as they hide it everywhere now (even in “healthy” foods).

This is true. I figure I am going to get enough "accidentally", so I don't intentionally eat it. Ice cream, cake, pies. etc.- I don't eat it and never miss it.

Most of my sugar intake comes from bananas. Not refined ofc.

• Like 1

Ravens beating up on another inept team (LOL “Washington Football Team” makes them even more pathetic — how emblematic of 2020 is that name), but not inspiring much confidence they can hang with the elite of the league. Lamar Jackson‘s play reminds me of his rookie season. He seems to have regressed. If he can’t get going on the ground he doesn’t have much else going on. 

Lamar had 2 TDs passing and one long one running. Not a bad game. He doesn't make those strong downfield throws in his rookie season though, so the regression comment is just dumb. Washington does have a legit front seven, if nothing else, but the Ravens aren't overly impressive in any facet right now. Offensive line is a "work in progress" to put a positive spin on it. Defense still cant generate a consistent pass rush,, despite all the so-called upgrades on the D line. Just like last season, there will likely be some retooling in the coming weeks. That is if Covid doesn't end the season prematurely.

14 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Lamar had 2 TDs passing and one long one running. Not a bad game. He doesn't make those strong downfield throws in his rookie season though, so the regression comment is just dumb. Washington does have a legit front seven, if nothing else, but the Ravens aren't overly impressive in any facet right now. Offensive line is a "work in progress" to put a positive spin on it. Defense still cant generate a consistent pass rush,, despite all the so-called upgrades on the D line. Just like last season, there will likely be some retooling in the coming weeks. That is if Covid doesn't end the season prematurely.

He can barely make a pass longer than 15 yards this season over the first few games. But yeah drink that homer kool-aid after fluke plays. Last season was his chance. 

Just now, PhineasC said:

He can barely make a pass longer than 15 yards this season over the first few games. But yeah drink that homer kool-aid after fluke plays. Last season was his chance. 

LOL.

We all know your position on Lamar, and why. Like most everything else you comment on, it is your special little Phin spin. It is amusing tho.

Aren't you a Patriot "fan" now?

This season has been pretty awful so far....keep in mind, without preseason and normal training camps, all players are not in their best playing shape and probably won't be for a few more weeks.  It can probably also account for most of the injuries as well so far.  

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

At least it would be nice a lot.  We probably have very few days with a high below 50 if that’s correct. And likely quite a few 60+ days. And at least we wouldn’t waste time on false hope. Snow would be 500+ miles away not teasing us. We could just accept it won’t snow at all and enjoy an extended October all winter. 

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

I am down for this. Need to get acclimated to the new normal. Resistance is futile.

What beaches are you two thinking about going to for the early April coastal blizzard? OC MD? ALTC NJ? ... VA beach?

6 minutes ago, George BM said:

What beaches are you two thinking about going to for the early April coastal blizzard? OC MD? ALTC NJ? ... VA beach?

Not likely. If that were to happen it would probably be in January. Those seeking snow this winter may have to settle for chasing upslope snow showers out in Canaan with transient cold on the backside of a warm, wet cutter.

3 hours ago, CAPE said:

Not likely. If that were to happen it would probably be in January. Those seeking snow this winter may have to settle for chasing upslope snow showers out in Canaan with transient cold on the backside of a warm, wet cutter.

Might not even be that much of that, if the euro is right.  I don’t think winter is over for us. The climate didn’t suddenly flip a switch since January 2019. We had such high expectations that it’s often overlooked but that was a very “wintery” month.  But what seems true to me is while we still get some good periods interspersed with more not do good periods, the not so good are becoming really bad. With warming any less than ideal pattern ends up way too warm. Any forcing that fosters a ridge and we ridge out to Quebec. When it’s not cold it’s REALLY warm!  I definitely think we will see another above avg snowfall winter soon (maybe not in time to save a certain someone’s sanity though) and with the increased baroclinicity and moisture we could get a blockbuster winter if we can line enough things up right. But I think really awful years where we get virtually no snow are becoming more common.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic