• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Major Hurricane Marie

WhirlingWx

Attention may shift back to the Atlantic soon, but for now, Hurricane Marie has formed in the EPAC. Of note, September went without any hurricanes in this part of the world until now.

NHC forecasts it to become a major hurricane w/ a 120 kt peak in around 48-60 hours. Feel free to share any images and discussions below. Hoping for some good satellite images!

I'll hand it off to those more knowledgeable now.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, the ghost of leroy said:

verified

"Marie is a category 3 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale. Steady weakening is expected during the next several days, and Marie is forecast to become a tropical storm by Sunday night."

Hmmmm, "this will probably be better than all the atlantic storms", still verified? ;)

32 minutes ago, Prospero said:

"Marie is a category 3 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale. Steady weakening is expected during the next several days, and Marie is forecast to become a tropical storm by Sunday night."

Hmmmm, "this will probably be better than all the atlantic storms", still verified? ;)

you east coasters slept through her peak, which was sicker than laura and sweaty teddy

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, the ghost of leroy said:

you east coasters slept through her peak, which was sicker than laura and sweaty teddy

OK, in my case anyway. UGH

I saw a "Major Hurricane Marie" thread active, I figured it had to be new photos from a storm months ago in the Atlantic or Gulf of Mexico that I obsessed about and forgot.