• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2020 Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

Nov 2010 def had a November pig, it was kind of an exception to the Nov pig rule. But I do recall vividly that the vortex was forecasted to break down mid-month...it ended up lasting closer to thanksgiving but it did break down before the month was over, so it never looked very bleak. 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How we like and want it. True fall . Not the torch it’s been. Until retorch in Nov as the pig digs in 

I'm glad you're back to making posts I can tolerate.

In other news, one and done does not cut it at at mi nuevo casa.  Everyone's out blowing leaves (including me).  Will probably be back doing it again tomorrow

• Weenie 1

Hmm... that D6/7 scenario .. since the para-G's jest 18z yesterday, every cycle is pretty locked in on a scenario that offers the season's first real synoptic winter complexion. 

( Don't want to get into a subjective perspective debate; I realize we had the western ME thing a week or so ago ..but that was elevation reliant and really more meso-beta scales) 

Now, .. obviously the para' model is in experimental/beta, but some non/less conventionally popular tools are latching on now... That ICON and the GGEM ( 12z ) fits, and when considering the GGEM warm bias at this time range ...and the fact that it parks a 1030 mb nascent polar high NW of Maine and arcs the llv +PP down into the damming/barrier jet climo ...heh, I don't think the GGEM's totally liquid in that scenario frankly.

Plus, as I intimated, the PNA is sharply rising then - that's a native H.A. signal, particularly when the positive NAO is afoot - and those two tend to run along in a modest anti-correlation, so the notion overall has the statistical support.. 

What we have here is a +NAO that is west-based in the hypsometric layout. Concurrent in these models that are tipping into an an early consensus (?) is thus a strengthening N-stream jet aecing over SE Canada .. That creates a confluence flow structure, under which indeed we find an arm of gathering polar +PP ... this is becoming increasingly evident in the guidance I've seen ... ICONic, GGEM, GFS, Para-G, and Japan.. haven't checked the Euro but my confidence in that guidance beyond the D4.5 range has been rattled recently ... I haven't seen many individual members of the GEFs just yet, but the trend/blend is subtly deeper upon deep layer approach D5 --> 6 ..not unusual for the GEF camp/oper. to have to back off progressivity leaning toward nearer terms... bear that in mind.

The other aspect I'm intrigued by is that if you go look at the Kocin et al and other examples, it is not unusual to have an antecedent quasi cut off low plunk into the SW ...then, gets kicked east to intersect with the N stream ( said )...  times well... ( for run, kind of like a tossing b-ball ahead and running and jumping to catch and dunk/self ally -ooper).    *Not* intending to suggest a K.U. event here... just that some of the players in a round-about sense bears some precedence - obviously, all of which are formulaic at this time.  D6 is late mid/range on the cusp of extended.. granted, but is substantively better performed than a D11 ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

Short term, I wonder if we can start as a very brief period of snow on Monday morning.  I’ve seen it on a few models here and there over the past couple days.

Soundings look pretty isothermal and it hits at a favorable part of the day around sunrise to 12z from here and points NE into N.NH/W.ME.

87968D0A-A42F-4442-83AE-79A630E0381A.thumb.png.b3f6eee677d09af961b331ecb340326f.png

AD5DC935-073C-4FA6-A9E7-09DAFEBA302B.thumb.png.f26d25c22a99ecedfcc771cef256b69c.png

6AB34287-2451-4841-B1DA-07EE6530CD45.thumb.png.fd3efe08f8b90f0bcfe317f2b6f45acf.png