Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2020 Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Great picture!  

Put that 6288ft mountain on top of a 5280ft plateau, like most of the hills west of the Mississippi sit on, and that hill can compete with many of the hills out west.   

In fact, one can do a 5,000 vertical foot day-hike from the Great Gulf trailhead to the summit of Mt. W.  That's tough to find in Colorado.  The big climbs are amomg the Cascadian volcanoes.

• Like 1

I  know its not sexy, but its necessary. Akin to why Wakefield was underappreciated with the Red Sox....guys who throw 200 serviceable IP/season do not grow on trees. You can't win without them.

The cold source is Tim Wakefield....Pedro's starts would not have mattered without guys like him.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I  know its not sexy, but its necessary. Akin to why Wakefield was underappreciated with the Red Sox....guys who throw 200 serviceable IP/season do not grow on trees. You can't win without them.

The cold source is Tim Wakefield....Pedro's starts would not have mattered without guys like him.

It is especially true in La Nina....you can sometimes get away with a mildish Canada in El Nino.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I wish. 12/3’s 5” lasted all of about 3 days before vaporizing. Longest stretch of snow cover all winter. Granted, I’m pretty heavily marine influenced. 

Sheesh that's crazy. I spent lots of time in Amesbury many years ago and snow cover always seemed fairly consistent in the winter 

51 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Knuckle vortex with no spin?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Did they ever win with him?