Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2020 Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

40 minutes ago, Winging_it said:

Yes, my brother will continue to maintain the website. He owns First Lake General Store, FKA Treats and Treasures. I believe the equipment will remain at the original location but he will be taking snow measurements from his backyard across the street from the store. I'll be his "advisor", as much as I can do from a distance. Hopefully the transition will be fairly seamless.

Awesome 

30.1F  Vis 0 thick fog.  Heavy frost.   Coldest so far with my first widespread killing frost.

Yesterday the storm produced 1.75" of rain and a 10 minute flip to snow around 630am.   After the clouds cleared and I could see all the ridgelines the snow level was around 2000 feet.  Ragged at 2200 feet was white at the top.  Distant Sunapee had snow on it and Cardigan at 3108 was white all day.  We took a ride around Newfound Lake and just 5 miles NW of the lake at higher elevations the ground was totally white and the roads were plowed.  That again showed to me that even after a day in the 50's with a warm ground if it snows at a good clip it will stick.  Of course this was during the dawn hours.

White Mountains look very white this morning from the cams

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Winging_it said:

Yes, my brother will continue to maintain the website. He owns First Lake General Store, FKA Treats and Treasures. I believe the equipment will remain at the original location but he will be taking snow measurements from his backyard across the street from the store. I'll be his "advisor", as much as I can do from a distance. Hopefully the transition will be fairly seamless.

Nice. I read on the website that the weather station will be moved today.