• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2020 Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

Took a mini snow tour this afternoon. Drove northeast from my house over to eastern NH. Started seeing remnants of snow in Topsham and Groton, VT and even saw some still on the ground in Wells River which is right on the Connecticut. From Woodsville, NH we took 112 over towards Lincoln. It didn’t take that long to start seeing more snow. Instead of going all the way to Lincoln we took the road to Franconia and then looped back through Sugar Hill down to Rt. 302 and then home. There was still snow on the ground as we went through Lisbon around 1:30. My wife thinks I’m a bit nuts taking random drives to look at snow. It’s much easier now to say I’m taking my son driving so he can get his required hours in. :P

71BF199C-6126-48D5-93FC-710C7A4BC133.jpeg

46CD353A-2B85-430B-8B19-B2561DBD115E.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Took a mini snow tour this afternoon. Drove northeast from my house over to eastern NH. Started seeing remnants of snow in Topsham and Groton, VT and even saw some still on the ground in Wells River which is right on the Connecticut. From Woodsville, NH we took 112 over towards Lincoln. It didn’t take that long to start seeing more snow. Instead of going all the way to Lincoln we took the road to Franconia and then looped back through Sugar Hill down to Rt. 302 and then home. There was still snow on the ground as we went through Lisbon around 1:30. My wife thinks I’m a bit nuts taking random drives to look at snow. It’s much easier now to say I’m taking my son driving so he can get his required hours in. :P

71BF199C-6126-48D5-93FC-710C7A4BC133.jpeg

46CD353A-2B85-430B-8B19-B2561DBD115E.jpeg

You didn't stop at the Sugar Hill Pancake house?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

Long time since I rode 112 to Woodsville, where my parents retired from NNJ, as dad passed in 1993.  For certain we haven't been there since moving to our present home in 1998.  Does the Franconia road depart 112 before the notch?  IMO, the final 1/2 mile climbing to Kinsman Notch from the west is steeper than anywhere on the Kanc (though much shorter sustained climb) and twisty as well - always interesting in winter. 

9 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Long time since I rode 112 to Woodsville, where my parents retired from NNJ, as dad passed in 1993.  For certain we haven't been there since moving to our present home in 1998.  Does the Franconia road depart 112 before the notch?  IMO, the final 1/2 mile climbing to Kinsman Notch from the west is steeper than anywhere on the Kanc (though much shorter sustained climb) and twisty as well - always interesting in winter. 

We turned north on Easton Valley Rd. which is about 10 miles East from 302. It’s a beautiful area and a pretty twisty road for a new driver. 

14 minutes ago, alex said:

Made my first entry in Kevin's snow table! Does anyone know if here's a way to download the old data? 

When you've signed in, there's usually links to all the years back thru 10-11 when he started, though I've not tried it this year - only a lot of cold rain here today.

Edit:  Hit the drop-down menu at "home" and click on "past years."  The table actually started with 06-07 which was news to me, but only Dendrite, Ginxy and Keven himself participated before 10-11.

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

The table actually started with 06-07 which was news to me, but only Dendrite, Ginxy and Keven himself participated before 10-11.

A few of us had data going back to then so I asked him if he could add archive capability going to 06/07. Anyone can enter their old data for those years.