Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2020 Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Seems high for real.

Perhaps on West edge bordering Jefferson. You notice 2 miles ese Jefferson was in there for 7.1 as well. So probably somewhere that does poorly on Eastern flow (and good on NW flow)  on NW or SW side of town?

Yeah, it was probably someone in the actual little village of Randolph which is down the road several miles next to Jefferson. Much lower in elevation but that didn't seem to matter as much in this one compared to being further west.

• Like 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

It can.  I’m seeing it on Mansfield.  

300 verts is enough to go from 0” to 3”.  It’s literally an inch per 100ft on the snow line.

B2E5EE8A-8C31-481D-ADF8-5911CC6A0CE1.jpeg.022703ab8c66aa9ec9c12082a58d398a.jpeg

Definitely a difference-maker usually. This storm there are places that are definitely lower in elevation that got smoked, however. Such as Whitefield, Lancaster, Littleton, and Jefferson. 

9 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Definitely a difference-maker usually. This storm there are places that are definitely lower in elevation that got smoked, however. Such as Whitefield, Lancaster, Littleton, and Jefferson. 

Those “changeover from W to E” events with NW flow do that even down here. They aren’t that common but I’ve seen places on the west slopes of the ORH hills toward Hardwick and Ware even at lower elevation get 4-6” and then we barely get an inch or two in ORH. They are sometimes to fascinating to watch even though they would drive me nuts. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What a sick location you have at Jay. 1900' probably sees 250" a year. Screwgied on this set up but that's rare

Yeah, it gets buried.  We plan on spending a good chunk of this winter up there so I definitely expect some f-u comments once winter really gets going.  1500’ was the magic number a couple of times last year for some big events.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bwt3650 said:

Yeah, it gets buried.  We plan on spending a good chunk of this winter up there so I definitely expect some f-u comments once winter really gets going.  1500’ was the magic number a couple of times last year for some big events.

Yeah 1500ft is often a magic number for snow around these parts.

12 minutes ago, MarkO said:

All thanks to Alex's webcam. I saw that earlier post. Surprisingly Cannon was nearly bare at the bottom, I kept going. White knuckling  I'm embarrassed to post this. But you got to do what you got to do.

20201017_110913.jpg

Ha! You may be one of those I saw coming down lol!!!

Sun is out. Time for a snowball fight. Will 5" survive the night?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bwt3650 said:

15 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Final, 2.13 in the tipper, 2.15" in the stratus, So this one was pretty uniform, 5.21"/mos so far, Stein gone.

Was in northern Maine from Tuesday thru early afternoon yesterday - missed all but the Wed AM drizzle in the woods there - 95% of storm #1 came overnight - but a messy drive home.  Had 2.43" in the gauge at 5:30 PM when I got home, another 1.21" thru 7 this morning, probably about 0.75" in the tube as I type.  Cocorahs from nearby sites (including a very recent addition from New Sharon, about 2.5 miles ENE from my place) point to twin events 2-2.3" each this week.  No more here, please, until freeze-up.  ^_^

Advisory posted for NW Maine this morning, places we visited Wed-Thurs (Round Pond, Telos, Deboullie) - would've been a lot messier for the auditor today.

Here too.  Accumulating SN in Rangeley, which is all above 1500.

24 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Was in northern Maine from Tuesday thru early afternoon yesterday - missed all but the Wed AM drizzle in the woods there - 95% of storm #1 came overnight - but a messy drive home.  Had 2.43" in the gauge at 5:30 PM when I got home, another 1.21" thru 7 this morning, probably about 0.75" in the tube as I type.  Cocorahs from nearby sites (including a very recent addition from New Sharon, about 2.5 miles ENE from my place) point to twin events 2-2.3" each this week.  No more here, please, until freeze-up.  ^_^

Advisory posted for NW Maine this morning, places we visited Wed-Thurs (Round Pond, Telos, Deboullie) - would've been a lot messier for the auditor today.

Here too.  Accumulating SN in Rangeley, which is all above 1500.

I don't want to see anymore unless its white now, Going to be pretty wet in the woods after being bone dry.