Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October 2020 Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

11 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Great picture.

You’ll have to mow one more time at least.  Probably one last mow end of the month..then that should be it.  

Thanks, yeah the grass was a deep green in most locations and will probably take off with tomorrow's rain and no real cold for a couple of weeks. 

• Like 2

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED

* HUMID AIR ADVISORY LISTED FOR WORCESTER COUNTY *

HAZARD: Dewpoints exceeding 60 degrees

SOURCE AT 7:41 PM EDT, A MASS OF HUMID AIR WAS DETECTED IN NORTHEASTERN CT MOVING NE RAPIDLY AT 60 MPH. Dewpoints are expected to reach into the low 60s for an extended period of time. 

IMPACT...Damaging dewpoints will cause some people to sweat profusely. This could mildly bother others who are outdoors. 

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... 

Reinstall A/C units

Close the darn windows. 

Take shelter in the lowest floor

Check on the elderly and pets

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, radarman said:

It was roaring on my way home from work at 6:00 PM.  The entire row of brush, sever hundred feet long, was fully involved in flames 30-40 feet high.  There was one aerial truck spraying water that I could see while driving south past the power plant on Rt. 5, but it wasn't having any effect at all.  Winds were blowing and the brush was right at the top of a steep wide-open slope.  It honestly looked like they were gong to need to let it burn out itself, it was that impressive. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Weather_or_Not said:

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED

* HUMID AIR ADVISORY LISTED FOR WORCESTER COUNTY *

HAZARD: Dewpoints exceeding 60 degrees

SOURCE AT 7:41 PM EDT, A MASS OF HUMID AIR WAS DETECTED IN NORTHEASTERN CT MOVING NE RAPIDLY AT 60 MPH. Dewpoints are expected to reach into the low 60s for an extended period of time. 

IMPACT...Damaging dewpoints will cause some people to sweat profusely. This could mildly bother others who are outdoors. 

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... 

Reinstall A/C units

Close the darn windows. 

Take shelter in the lowest floor

Check on the elderly and pets

Need a new update. The potential is there for monkeybutt and jock itch.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Just blitz it Dec-Feb and torch Nov and Mar. I need to steal your deck heater..lol.

Thing works amazing. Lol. 

Yeah November is not really a snow month anyway....but I still have zero faith in the weeklies these days. I need to see them go on a hot streak before believing them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Thing works amazing. Lol. 

Yeah November is not really a snow month anyway....but I still have zero faith in the weeklies these days. I need to see them go on a hot streak before believing them. 

The new Euro upgrade in 2021 (mid year I think?) will have them daily lol. 

But yeah all kidding aside...they haven't been the best. Seems like November may start mild anyways.