Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October 2020 Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

25 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think some of those other runs were going nuts with QPF there too. Probably tried to get dynamics involved. Looks like that shifted NE on this run verbatim. Should be cool to see Saturday morning up there. 

Yeah like 6z run this morning went nuts with snow. I still even with that exact QPF and lift doubt that would’ve played out like that.  Just a bit too snow happy on the maps.  I still think it would’ve been much more elevation dependent than the crass snow progs look.

The 12km NAM doesn’t see elevation lol.  Even verbatim that outlook would be peaks white, mid-slope/valleys wet.

Time for some picnic table toppers.

6603EAF2-0E64-47EC-A303-A5411FD5C9F1.thumb.png.c213841758ff7ae30fa245ed4d0e2d7f.png

34 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah like 6z run this morning went nuts with snow. I still even with that exact QPF and lift doubt that would’ve played out like that.  Just a bit too snow happy on the maps.  I still think it would’ve been much more elevation dependent than the crass snow progs look.

The 12km NAM doesn’t see elevation lol.  Even verbatim that outlook would be peaks white, mid-slope/valleys wet.

6603EAF2-0E64-47EC-A303-A5411FD5C9F1.thumb.png.c213841758ff7ae30fa245ed4d0e2d7f.png

LOL, 11.3" in MVL? We sell that. 

• Haha 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I don't know....I saw the trailer and was like meh. Tough to beat the first one. 

I agree.  Those type of comedies are never as good as the first one.  They hit, they are hilarious then you move on.  Super Troopers didn’t need a second one either.  So many funny cult comedies are tried again and just can’t hit the ridiculousness of the first one...when you walk out of a theater like “I have no idea what I just watched but it was pretty damn funny.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Best time of year when references to the picnic tables start showing up in posts.

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I agree.  Those type of comedies are never as good as the first one.  They hit, they are hilarious then you move on.  Super Troopers didn’t need a second one either.  So many funny cult comedies are tried again and just can’t hit the ridiculousness of the first one...when you walk out of a theater like “I have no idea what I just watched but it was pretty damn funny.”

I try to give each one their stand alone value and  refrain from comparing it to its predecessors. Not easy to do, I know, but neither is watching every animated movie with the kids over and over again. That’s why they invented thc gummies...for parents. 

• Haha 4

I think we see two jack zones. Out west and then somewhere in the ern CT into adjacent MA and Ri or so..maybe parts of SE MA. Models sort of all over where the second batch comes in....could be a narrow zone that gets doused. Either way, I think widespread 0.75" to 1.5" with some areas maybe over 2". 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think we see two jack zones. Out west and then somewhere in the ern CT into adjacent MA and Ri or so..maybe parts of SE MA. Models sort of all over where the second batch comes in....could be a narrow zone that gets doused. Either way, I think widespread 0.75" to 1.5" with some areas maybe over 2". 

Yeah... depends what model you look at... I could see around 1 here or even over 2”... going to be tough to place the jack zone I think .

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Another good short term QPF battle between ECMWF and GFS... some decent differences in SNE between the two models.

1CD80FB8-13B9-4CDD-8E9D-DA512D483AC8.thumb.png.15a0a2cb6987d4110a55323ad01e7bfd.png

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Word... lightning in a bottle on that first one - it kind of goes like hopping in a car and non-suspecting you end up having the time of your life that evening. So you go back and retrace the events and the experience is gone -

He hasn't done much recently. He may need a pay check - so the first one was good enough it has cache and a league cult following... it only need a quarter million fans to make a cheap buck. In today's day and age, you can dog-shit a napkin, create a hashtag for it ... boom!  250,000 beef-wit followers - it's a numbers game

• Like 1

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Another good short term QPF battle between ECMWF and GFS... some decent differences in SNE between the two models.

1CD80FB8-13B9-4CDD-8E9D-DA512D483AC8.thumb.png.15a0a2cb6987d4110a55323ad01e7bfd.png

Yeah. I think frontogenesis stuff jacks west and low level stuff with low pressure developing is further East. I’m not confident, but that’s my guess. However this is not like someone get stiffed with like .15” in between. Water for all. 

• Like 3