Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
October 2020 Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

58 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah the Euro and NAM bias of being slow and amped getting corrected quickly. 

Ride the GFS these days.  It’s been on that for days now.  Go East young man.  Crazy how good the GFS has been the past 4-6 weeks, have to toss the Euro these days.

GFS has gone wide right of the Cape past two runs.  Here’s 6z:

GFS performs pretty well in fast flow....I remember even in the winter of 2012-2013....January 2013 was screaming fast flow and we kept getting little clipeprs and no big storms, and a huge meltdown and canceled winter posts came pouring in, and then when the Euro showed the Feb 2013 bomb, nobody believed it, but the flow was starting to slow and it nailed it and the GFS was back to being an embarrassment in big storms.

This is fast flow, so yeah, toss the Euro far west solutions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Your tossing this? Ok. We will confirm Sunday.  I think it has the right idea on precip distribution 

download (11).png

I'm tossing the more amped and less progressive solutions like yesterday. Even 00z and 06z ticked east. That's all. I expect good, widespread rains. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I'm tossing the more amped and less progressive solutions like yesterday. Even 00z and 06z ticked east. That's all. I expect good, widespread rains. 

I know it’s splitting hairs but the 00z ECM was by far the most amped, 998mb over PWM...more so than yesterday’s runs.

The 12z GFS is really weak out East with SLP, but still very good drink for much of the forum.  I’m leaning that way for sure.

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I know it’s splitting hairs but the 00z ECM was by far the most amped, 998mb over PWM...more so than yesterday’s runs.

The 12z GFS is really weak out East with SLP, but still very good drink for much of the forum.  I’m leaning that way for sure.

We shall see. Good test. I think 6Z Euro is correct.  Nice block ahead of this system to slow it down. Expect a LP genesis over the Cape moving into the Gulf of Maine.

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I wasn't checking every run, just the more amped solutions i think may be tamed.  Canadian and GFS are more anafrontal stuff with a bit less CCB action until it gets into Maine.

I would hedge the earlier time tables on Saturday ... 

Whatever takes place, typically in progressive ass-end of testing range for 747 weather patterns try to blow whatever the models are indicating half way to England before the next cycle of the given model even starts processing -.. They never get the timing right and the systems always end up outpacing by at least a little -