Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October 2020 Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

17 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Direct hit from a late season hurricane.  Book it! 

Not that there's much value or use in criticizing that particular solution ...considering lead-time, to mention product profiling... etc.. but, that solution does seem to exceed the planetary quota of potential energy - 

jeez

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

It’s two weeks out...but that big storm scenario has been kicking around for quite a while now in some form or another, for many runs?  

I almost think it might be 'seasonal modeling' phenomenon, this kind of scenario of a home grown Caribbean TC getting evacuated into an evolving trough amplification.

Long words for that happening every autumn.  Going back years...I remember back in 2003, the 10 days before the Dec 5-7th snowstorm .. the GGEM of the day was pulling a fully recognized TC object across Cuba, and phasing over the mid Atlantic.  That did not happen... It held onto the thinking for several cycles. The TC did materialize but it shredded out into the Atlantic remaining uninvolved - it always interested me that it saw the TC, and so saw the mid Atlantic troughing ...but failed to materialize their interaction. 

Years later, we had a Sandy ...which was the same thing, .. pulled out of the deeper tropics...across Cuba... only it actually happened.

And in between those extremes it seems some half the years we can't get from late August until early December in the modeling without going through this film reel - 

Thing is, the models aren't there to like "make things up"  .... I mean, it's not like some wizard behind the curtain going, 'imagine if this happened' - ...they are actually only processing things that possibly can happen. They are not physically impossible - in that sense.   It's just that there are an innumerable other possibilities more likely to occur, when looking at exteded time ranges...and likely to emerge along the way, and then their realities supplant whatever it was originally modeled.  

So back to the first sentence... it seems this is built-in sort of risk of autumn, that troughs of early season ambition induce steering that pulls a home-grown on up. It is climatological to have an Octo/Novie season in those regions of the tropics...and, conceptually, early cool snaps take place.   Duh, having them concurrent on a weather map is probably just roulettes - 

• Like 1

Man ... tomorrow and Thursday makes today's pricey shit-show almost worth it... 

If the NAM's profiled numerology is right - 

The FOUS has Logan supporting 77 for high temperature in JJAS ... not sure about October sun but either way...mild to warm.  The wind angled off-shore, and only breezy for a change - not a this proving ground at an emission controls - I hate that.  The only way to get 73 F to be chilly on Earth is here in this p.o.s. SNE climate curse. 

Anyway, ceiling RH < 30% both days? Talkin' euclase emerald skies bathing us in 70+ .. 

MOS is only 70 to 73 at some typicals but ... not sure if that's climate weighting ... the raw numbers support more ... whatever -

15 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Man ... tomorrow and Thursday makes today's pricey shit-show almost worth it... 

If the NAM's profiled numerology is right - 

The FOUS has Logan supporting 77 for high temperature in JJAS ... not sure about October sun but either way...mild to warm.  The wind angled off-shore, and only breezy for a change - not a this proving ground at an emission controls - I hate that.  The only way to get 73 F to be chilly on Earth is here in this p.o.s. SNE climate curse. 

Anyway, ceiling RH < 30% both days? Talkin' euclase emerald skies bathing us in 70+ .. 

MOS is only 70 to 73 at some typicals but ... not sure if that's climate weighting ... the raw numbers support more ... whatever -

As long as it feels warm in my car....... :)

• Haha 1