Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2020 Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like your area got some good rains too... 1.30" so far at MPV ASOS.

We just drove through some pretty good rain and impressive lightning on 89 through Brookfield. It was my son’s first time driving in heavy rain. He did well. I felt the car hit a couple of puddles and semi-hydroplane. He handled it well. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Wow, parting with your LP’s!
Turning the daughter onto The Band, J Geils and The Grateful Dead?

Books and Records are brutal to move, most of ours are shelved in a dry basement and they are probably staying if we ever move. LOL

She was asking what happened to the dark side of the moon album..ultimately located.  These albums were packed up from our last move.

Bring on the GFS.

I'm channeling Kevin a little in my new digs.  I'm no longer taking the 1-and-done approach to leaves.  Mowed yesterday and did the second leaf blowing (with the vast majority still on the trees).  For many in my neighborhood, lawn upkeep is highly regarded.  It's a neighborhood of modest 70's houses.  As they get sold, the new owners are doing some significant rehabs.  We're doing our part in that regard--some ourselves, some outsourced.  Lack of attention to the lawn is increasingly frowned upon.  Fortunately for me, I have woods in the back so I just blow things over the stonewall.

Our property itself requires a major landscape overhaul--an incredibly steep grade and heavy shade is sub-optimal to say the least.  Looks like a lot of folks in the area have tackled/are tackling similar challenges. Tree removal, regrading, retaining walls, new top soil. Cost-wise, this will be a deferred project.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Bring on the GFS.

I'm channeling Kevin a little in my new digs.  I'm no longer taking the 1-and-done approach to leaves.  Mowed yesterday and did the second leaf blowing (with the vast majority still on the trees).  For many in my neighborhood, lawn upkeep is highly regarded.  It's a neighborhood of modest 70's houses.  As they get sold, the new owners are doing some significant rehabs.  We're doing our part in that regard--some ourselves, some outsourced.  Lack of attention to the lawn is increasingly frowned upon.  Fortunately for me, I have woods in the back so I just blow things over the stonewall.

Our property itself requires a major landscape overhaul--an incredibly steep grade and heavy shade is sub-optimal to say the least.  Looks like a lot of folks in the area have tackled/are tackling similar challenges. Tree removal, regrading, retaining walls, new top soil. Cost-wise, this will be a deferred project.

All that work and you’ll end up moving again within 2 years.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

All that work and you’ll end up moving again within 2 years.  

My wife and I were just discussing that this morning.  Our priority's are things in the house (kitchen, windows, floors, sun-porch conversion).  That would have the greatest return should we relocate soon.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

Trough after trough  on the gfs

Loving that the models are showing it 

If only it were December.

It will be fun trying to figure if any of the models are getting things right this winter.  Given how sucky they've been, we might have a lot of 24-48 hour surprises.  Surprises that could go either way.

• Like 1

Just now, alex said:

Cold evening - already down to 30

Yup, 33.6F here. 

High of 52F but with dews in the mid-20s and crystal clear skies, not surprising the bottom has dropped out as soon as the sun went behind the ridge.  It definitely had that appeal of a cold evening with low dews, no clouds and diminished wind.  I was hiking and up in the shadows on the upper east side around 4pm (it's crazy that the sun sets on Upper Nosedive at like 3pm this time of year) it got very cold very quickly at 3,500ft.

Just ran the past two weeks precipitation... what a change from before up here.  It couldn't be any more polarized over the past month and a half in the NW third of New England.  Pattern (or luck) change for sure as all the sudden, every event wants to rain more than expected.

Prior 27 days... 0.15-0.35"

Last 14 days... 3-6"

It's an average of 0.30-0.40" of rain every day for 14 days.  Soaked.

Oct_11_twoweeks.thumb.jpg.472dd85f9c224333d3eae7553f02bf78.jpg

• Like 2