Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2020 Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

48 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's not a rule, but the store recommends it. I think it may be a Shaw's thing...but my guess is other stores do it too. I think it's a good thing to have. Let those who are more vulnerable shop first.

They all do it up here. First hour is for seniors only. 

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I talk to the deli lady and bakery lady because they miss my kids..lol. We usually have food delivered and I don't bring my kids into the store if I don't have to...but they used to come in every Sunday morning with me. I go in once in awhile if I have to, and just small talk a bit. Nothing wrong with being a normal human and conversating. 

Haha I like that small talk. I hate forced small talk when you see an acquaintance. The Larry David stop and chat. We don’t like. 

Beautiful morning in North Conway. Heading back. Traffic is insane up here

I actually like going to the grocery store later in the evening.  My regular Sunday routine in the summer, when we aren't doing something, is to do whatever stuff that needs doing around the house during the day then go over to the golf course for an evening 9. I'll hit the grocery store on my way home.  I'm usually there around 8:00 p.m.  I thought they made a mistake reducing the number of hours they were open as it caused more people to have to be in the stores at the same time.  

35 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I get up at 4:15 to run , 4-5x a week so those nights  in bed by 9:00. Scooter sits up late nights darling quarts of ice cream . To each their own . I’d rather sleep and exercise 

sweet realtionship you two have.  does he tuck you in before the quarts of ice cream begin?

So I open the back deck to let the dogs out and I see flames which look like my neighbors house. Call FD head down his 1/4 mile drive way, his woods are a blaze. Wake him and his wife up and another neighbor.  FD puts it out. He dumped a charcoal grill out without fully extinguishing it.  

20201004_210910.jpg

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

So I open the back deck to let the dogs out and I see flames which look like my neighbors house. Call FD head down his 1/4 mile drive way, his woods are a blaze. Wake him and his wife up and another neighbor.  FD puts it out. He dumped a charcoal grill out without fully extinguishing it.  

20201004_210910.jpg

Best time of the year and antecedent circumstances huh

15 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

20201004_210910.jpg

Holy crap! Thank god no one injured or killed, and so dry, instant fuel

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Best time of the year and antecedent circumstances huh

Yea crispy, just glad it wasn't windy and my dogs needed to go out. Woke both my neighbors way in the back up as their houses were very close. Discarded charcoal should always be washed thoroughly and left in a steel bucket before tossing and never near dry flammables. That could have been much worse for the elderly couple. 

• Like 2