Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2020 Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Too bad Monday is missing... could have been some decent rains... but droughtstein lives on.

Planted a few things today and the soil is bone dry 

I have a honeycrisp apple I’ve been waiting to plant all year, but I may just wait until spring. The soil is moist right now after the last 2 systems, but if we go dry for another 2 weeks we could be back to struggling.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I have a honeycrisp apple I’ve been waiting to plant all year, but I may just wait until spring. The soil is moist right now after the last 2 systems, but if we go dry for another 2 weeks we could be back to struggling.

What are you worried about? A leafless tree is not going to suffer even if it’s a little dry. I’d plant. And give it a little water if needed. 

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

I’d personally just wait until spring if you can hold off... hopefully by then droughtstein has been defeated 

34 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Aren't you supposed to let the older people shop before 8a? 

Nope. I go every Sunday right at 7:00 when they open. In and out. Avoid running into 20 people I know and having to have uncomfortable grocery store conversations that neither person wants any part of. Both thinking to selves how they’re going to end it as quickly as possible. No lines, no crowds. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nope. I go every Sunday right at 7:00 when they open. In and out. Avoid running into 20 people I know and having to have uncomfortable grocery store conversations that neither person wants any part of. Both thinking to selves how they’re going to end it as quickly as possible. No lines, no crowds. 

Unless your conversation is about the lack of rain.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What an anti-social dick. **** the elderly and don't talk to me basically. That's your MO.

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What an anti-social dick. **** the elderly and don't talk to me basically. That's your MO.

I have no idea what you’re talking about. There’s no elderly rule . Plenty of young people shopping including little kids with parents. Glad we don’t live there where you can’t shop and talk to everyone who doesn’t want to talk to you. I bet you see people ducking behind chips displays and going down aisles they don’t need anything just to avoid an awkward conversation with you. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I have no idea what you’re talking about. There’s no elderly rule . Plenty of young people shopping including little kids with parents. Glad we don’t there where you can’t shop and talk to everyone who doesn’t want to talk to you. I bet you see people ducking behind chips displays and going down aisles they don’t need anything just to avoid an awkward conversation with you. 

There is a courtesy put in place where they want those who are more vulnerable to shop in the early morning, typically the elderly. You guys don't have that? Also, what awkward conversation at a grocery store? "My cucumber is bigger than yours?"

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Awkward small talk is part of the human condition. I agree though.  Sometimes I want no part of it either. Lol

I talk to the deli lady and bakery lady because they miss my kids..lol. We usually have food delivered and I don't bring my kids into the store if I don't have to...but they used to come in every Sunday morning with me. I go in once in awhile if I have to, and just small talk a bit. Nothing wrong with being a normal human and conversating.