Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Death of DroughtStein Discussion

Bostonseminole

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Would like the empty ponds and lakes to fill up going into a dry winter. Nothing dormant here. Still picking ripe and green tomatoes and there’s new yellow flowers . With the rest of the month a torch who knows when stuff stops taking water 

3 hard freezes here and all is dead

43 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nothing even close on hilltops . 38.2 lowest temperature of fall in the rain yesterday. we always go straight freeze when it’s real cold not fake . We grow 

9zGmsfN.jpgvN1ou6Y.jpg

Im still picking tomatoes and peppers, Im high, not as high as you but havent radiated enough to get below 32.

9 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Im still picking tomatoes and peppers, Im high, not as high as you but havent radiated enough to get below 32.

Funny thing is our foliage in the area is still a week or more ahead of the lower elevations who have had a couple frosts. The colder daytime highs has  a bigger effect than frosts 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Funny thing is our foliage in the area is still a week or more ahead of the lower elevations who have had a couple frosts. The colder daytime highs has  a bigger effect than frosts 

That’s not true. Frosts hasten it. Even PF notes the colors were coming on quicker where they had frosts in September. 

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That’s not true. Frosts hasten it. Even PF notes the colors were coming on quicker where they had frosts in September. 

Yeah theres no doubt in my mind the 4 days of mins in the 20s there in September cranked up the foliage.  The valley went at the same time as the higher elevations, when it’s normally two weeks separated.  The maples went bright red in the valley before the elevations...there was a period there when no real color was happening above 2,000ft while reds were bursting down low...night time radiation cold definitely played a big role IMO.

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

See any game out there?  I know moose season just opened up in the Northeast Kingdom of VT today.  

I was quite busy with the battery operated pole saw limbing some trees to get a better view of the areas that we set up in, We jumped one deer, We're hunting on my nephews property and its just been freshly logged, The logger told us he has seen about 8-10 deer in there and a couple big bucks and another two smaller ones and whole bunch of does, There's tracks everywhere on the property.

Stand.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Would like the empty ponds and lakes to fill up going into a dry winter. Nothing dormant here. Still picking ripe and green tomatoes and there’s new yellow flowers . With the rest of the month a torch who knows when stuff stops taking water 

Got down to 29º last night. Your tropical climate is not a comparison for the rest of SNE  ;-)

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Euro keeps us soggy over the next 3-4 days.

7+ inches in the past 3 weeks, but every event lately has been moisture laden, the firehose just changes angles a bit.

Every few days it seems there's an axis of multiple inches of rain through the northeast somewhere going back to late September.

ecmwf-deterministic-vt-total_precip_inch-3411200.thumb.png.3739799f3d59d846434063e829aaa7ef.png

I like to see it getting active as we move later into the season. I like to see it build towards snow gradually.  I don't need snow yet, at least to the extent some had it this weekend.  Overall, it's nice to see precip showing up.