Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Death of DroughtStein Discussion

Bostonseminole

11 minutes ago, dryslot said:

We know how the nam is out of its range, But this is probably a good first test to see how the models handle this.

It's the type of setup where if one parameter doesn't quite work, forget it for those in lower elevations. I'd be conservative this far out, but the dynamics are quite good as modeled.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

It's the type of setup where if one parameter doesn't quite work, forget it for those in lower elevations. I's be conservative this far out, but the dynamics are quite good as modeled.

Yeah, Colder air wraps in on the backside as it tracks thru the GOM along the coast so the elevations above 2,500' are certainly in play, Just a matter of how soon it can transition to how much snow may fall, At least its something to watch instead of the boring HHH from the last few months.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 9:24 AM, CoastalWx said:

It's the type of setup where if one parameter doesn't quite work, forget it for those in lower elevations. I'd be conservative this far out, but the dynamics are quite good as modeled.

You did well highlighting the chance for this to work out in lower elevations than people thought.  I mean...the scene in Littleton, Nh was surprising. 

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

You did well highlighting the chance for this to work out in lower elevations than people thought.  I mean...the scene in Littleton, Nh was surprising. 

Thanks. I didn’t look at it yesterday...probably could have been more bullish. But if it’s like near -1C at 925 with those dynamics and upslope, that’s a recipe for a paster even lower down. Certainly even a Littleton did way better than I thought.