Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Death of DroughtStein Discussion

Bostonseminole

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like some good totals in Kev’s area... 1-3” so far.  Lots of 2”+ in Ellington, Vernon, Manchester, Windsor, etc.

Yeah in his defense... some sort of training warm frontal wedge convection appears to be going on in his vicinity 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/13/world/un-natural-disasters-climate-intl-hnk/index.html

39 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like some good totals in Kev’s area... 1-3” so far.  Lots of 2”+ in Ellington, Vernon, Manchester, Windsor, etc.

Been getting hammered here at work in Manchester.   Been a good test for an interior roof drain pipe lining project here at one of our old buildings. So far, so good with no wet dog carpet in the basement. 

9 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

0.85" in Randolph so far. Stein is basically dead up there in terms of actual conditions on the ground. I'm sure from an academic perspective there is still technically a "drought" in place in terms of overall water deficits.

I wonder about even that academic perspective though – I can’t imagine there’s much of any short or long term water deficit up here in the northern mountains at this point.  The water year at our site ended within an inch or two of average, and we just passed 40” on calendar year water with this system, which is again probably within a couple inches of average.  It looks like the Randolph site near you is 41”+ of liquid on the calendar year, so they’re probably roughly on track as well.  Maybe there’s some sort of mid-term measurement that could be low, but it sure is getting stomped by these systems that are starting to come through now.

18 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

BS, I do.  Over 1" now, so another 4-5" over 2.5 weeks isn't that much to take on.

Oh, I did not see the timestamp. Thought it was through this weekend. Lol
Still, 1-2” more would get everyone out of severe drought.   It’s not like there are any major issues in your area.