Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Death of DroughtStein Discussion

Bostonseminole

4 minutes ago, alex said:

How accurate is this map? We've had about 4" of rain in the past 10 days. I'd think NNE would be "less orange"

It takes into account long term conditions. So, if you are still low in the yearly precip department, it will show you in a certain category. But, you are right in that it won't pick up on mesoscale stuff. If some town got 5" of rain from a stalled tstm, that graphic won't show it.

24 minutes ago, alex said:

How accurate is this map? We've had about 4" of rain in the past 10 days. I'd think NNE would be "less orange"

Data is valid up to 8am on the 6th.  You'd have to look how your precip compares to where you should be to date.

I know for here, it's probably accurate.  I'm running 10" below normal for the year, thru today.

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

too late :lmao:

You get a images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT0eIA3kvEc_pNreojI0gmaAim7ub0Qr856PsbaK34_sgOOYmEXXiQ8Tz9DAw&usqp=CAc

17 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

12z so far says we stein.

And you get a images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT0eIA3kvEc_pNreojI0gmaAim7ub0Qr856PsbaK34_sgOOYmEXXiQ8Tz9DAw&usqp=CAc

7 hours ago, SJonesWX said:

stein lives on. 0.8” to finish September, 0.15” to start October.

you can’t tell me it’s not still dry and steiny. we have a long way to go to turn that drought around.

And you get a images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT0eIA3kvEc_pNreojI0gmaAim7ub0Qr856PsbaK34_sgOOYmEXXiQ8Tz9DAw&usqp=CAc

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We dry

and you get a images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT0eIA3kvEc_pNreojI0gmaAim7ub0Qr856PsbaK34_sgOOYmEXXiQ8Tz9DAw&usqp=CAc

We all get a images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT0eIA3kvEc_pNreojI0gmaAim7ub0Qr856PsbaK34_sgOOYmEXXiQ8Tz9DAw&usqp=CAc

• Like 1

The lake where my girlfriend lives is down at least 2 feet since Spring.  
The water level in April is about 3 inches below the dock in the first pic, and up to the kayak rack in the second pic, and in both cases up the stone wall.  The water level normally goes down some over the summer but not like this.  The other pic is for reference of what it looks like in July.

20201005_172941.jpg

20201005_173015.jpg

0708171633a.jpg

• Like 1