Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Death of DroughtStein Discussion

Bostonseminole

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

It's certainly been a pattern change up here.  We did like 27 days totaling only a third of an inch.  Then it started raining and looks like more chances coming.  Mountain waterways and drainages finally have running water in them again.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah we are used to frequent and overall wet weather in the NNE mountains. This September was one of the driest runs I can ever remember to be honest.  Those were some very low water totals in the northern mountains over a prolonged period compared to general climatology.  But now it feels normal again and models do show chances for water in our areas over the next 10 days.

There’s no doubt about some sort of change in the recent precipitation regime at our site – after only 6 days with precipitation from Sep 1-27, we’ve had measurable every day for the past 7 days, with over 3” of liquid.  It absolutely feels like more of a fall pattern in the NNE mountains now with rounds of synoptic precipitation scattered in among more showery/unsettled days.

We’ve definitely had some uncommon/surprising short term runs with low precipitation recently, but liquid at our site from June through September was 17.55”, which is only 1.94” below average.  It feels more like it was the consistency of the precipitation that was off vs. the longer-term monthly/summer totals that would be associated with any sort of long-term drought issue.

11 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Maybe later this month sonething tropical gets intertwined .. but this is precisely why several posters told you and others calling for pattern change to wet to proceed with caution and not spike the ball. Droughts  do not just end in 10 days . The driest areas under the worst drought from CT to RI  had under 1”, and theres nothing coming 

I was up in your area for a backyard wedding yesterday. My friends 10ft deep pond was almost completely dried up.

Mansfield ground water sensor is at near record low depth.

Screenshot_20201003-095948_Chrome.jpg

44 minutes ago, BrianW said:

I was up in your area for a backyard wedding yesterday. My friends 10ft deep pond was almost completely dried up.

Mansfield ground water sensor is at near record low depth.

Screenshot_20201003-095948_Chrome.jpg

And there’s still a person talking about we’ve moved into a wet pattern in SNE after one minor rain event and not admitting they were wrong. Getting dire fast