Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Death of DroughtStein Discussion

Bostonseminole

Just now, powderfreak said:

Yeah that Cocorahs map looks fairly uniform on the whole, not gonna lie.

You have even a basic garden gauge to check against?

No, just my weather station. There is a PWS on wunderground fairly close (down on rt 2 in the main town) but it doesn't appear to have captured any precipitation data. I have plans to get a second small setup somewhere else in the yard so I can do some comparisons. Either way, it rained buckets here and I am satisfied with that. :) 

• Like 1

Looking at my station history, there are no weird spikes on the rain totals. It just gradually goes up. So doesn't seem like an obvious malfunction.

I was tracking closely to the CoCoRaHS observer through 12 AM yesterday (he had 0.31" I had 0.24"). But he says he received 1.00" exactly from 12 to 7 AM. My gauge says I received 1.95" during that span. LOL

Not sure what happened there.

Just now, PhineasC said:

Looking at my station history, there are no weird spikes on the rain totals. It just gradually goes up. So doesn't seem like an obvious malfunction.

I was tracking closely to the CoCoRaHS observer through 12 AM yesterday (he had 0.31" I had 0.24"). But he says he received 1.00" exactly from 12 to 7 AM. My gauge says I received 1.95" during that span. LOL

Not sure what happened there.

You see my post about the digital accumulation.  Isn't that your area with the max. Cocorahs stops at 7 am also

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Time of submission is important to note Digital accumulation

Yeah for sure, paid attention to that.  Those precip estimations can be tough when centered right over the peaks like that.  Looks like 6,200ft had 1.94” at 8am.

Phin’s on the road west of Gorham, the max is over MWN.

I don’t doubt Phin himself, he’s just saying what his station has, lol.  Maybe it is over 3”, just stood out at first glance is all.  

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah for sure, paid attention to that.  Those precip estimations can be tough when centered right over the peaks like that.  Looks like 6,200ft had 1.94” at 8am.

Phin’s on the road west of Gorham, the max is over MWN.

I don’t doubt Phin himself, he’s just saying what his station has, lol.  Maybe it is over 3”, just stood out at first glance is all.  

Screenshot_20200930-092844_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1