• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall/Winter Banter - Football, Basketball, Snowball?

John1122

Rock Chalk Jayhawk! Thank you all for the congratulations. It is always special. Setting the record for come-back during the Championship is incredible too.

I was out of town last week for kids spring break. Tuesday I was recovering from staying up so late Monday. Hard to sleep after all that excitement, and social media with friends back home.

Kansas has been hungry since 2020 was cancelled. Some players remain from 2020. Team dedicated the Championship to players from the 2020 team who graduated. Coach Self also has the personal story. Team rallied around Coach after his dad passed away.

Now it's baseball season. NBA and NHL playoffs are soon. Most importantly, it's the heart of Southern chase season. April tends to have better visibility than March.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk everywhere!

• Like 4

The Vols tried some bizarre experiment with wooden bats and Smokies stadium and it cost them tying the SEC win streak record. Hate that they pulled that with so much on the line. 

The SEC win streak is still active but the overall win streak is gone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Weenie Warning!

Can we do this again in January? That'd be money for anyone I-65 east. Mid-South usually scores off a different pattern.

Oh wait, in winter the last slug of moisture in Alabama would fall apart on the way in here. Actually it usually does not, but I'm being cynical here. Bama delivers. From the northwest snow dies in downslope off the Plateau into KCHA.

image.png.c202178aaa89d971179032bb779fbbff.png

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I adore football. I constantly follow it; I read all the news sources regarding football. By the way, I recently found even a Thai website https://zumroad.com/sport, which has interesting sports articles about football and teams from English and German leagues. And thank you again for sharing this information. It is very important for betting fans and, in particular, football fans. Good luck to you, my man, and see you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We probably need a new second half of 2022 Banter thread. Big college sports news rolling in, with conference shake-ups likely.

Big 12 absorbing some Pac 12 is a sharp shift from previous speculation of the reverse. We take!

SEC snagging some ACC would be big news. Makes some sense with I'm guessing more FB money in the SEC. Also talk of UNC going Big 10 which is a head scratcher. Duke UNC?

Well, money would explain all of the above. Just have to unravel that path.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Things you don't see often.  Flash Flood warning for Furnace Creek/Death Valley. This is the hottest place on earth and driest area on the entire North American continent at nearly 200 feet below sea level in a massive rain shadow. They normally average 1.77 inches of rain per year. 

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
Flash Flood Warning
National Weather Service Las Vegas NV
545 PM PDT Fri Jul 29 2022

The National Weather Service in Las Vegas has issued a

* Flash Flood Warning for...
  Central Inyo County in south central California...

* Until 845 PM PDT.

* At 545 PM PDT, Doppler radar indicated thunderstorms producing
  heavy rain east of Furnace Creek. Between 0.25 and 0.75 inches of
  rain have fallen. Flash flooding is ongoing or expected to begin
  shortly and will impact highway 190 near Furnace Creek as well as
  Echo Canyon Road and Hole in the Wall Road.

HAZARD...Life-threatening flash flooding. Thunderstorms
           producing flash flooding.

SOURCE...Radar.

IMPACT...Life-threatening flash flooding of low-water
           crossings, creeks, normally dry washes and roads.

* Some locations that will experience flash flooding include...
  Furnace Creek and Texas Springs Campground.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
The two short-waves passing through today and Wednesday..
Can we instead save them for winter? The stalled front to our south included. :weenie:

Haven’t been keeping up with the weather much lately but I did see MRX talking about a upper low in August. How rare is that?

• Like 3

Actually feels cool nights and mornings now. My blood thinned out like living in Houston, after weeks of 95 high 75 low. 

Looks like Sept may be reasonable there. However I laughed when I saw this on Oklahoma football Twitter: Fans being treated for heat exhaustion while OU plays cupcakes in September is a rite of passage.

Been the same around here recent years for the SEC. Here's to actual football weather instead for football season.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested in joining a NFL pick em league ($30 fee for the whole season) please check out the thread for more information. This used to be just open to American Weather, however, given lack of signups this has been expanded outside of the form to hopefully draw a bigger participation. If you are interested or even have any friends interested please pass the word along!