• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall/Winter Banter - Football, Basketball, Snowball?

John1122

South Carolina played dirty, but UT needs to play through that. Oh I have my own problems. Kansas may look invincible at home, but can't win against Q3 on the road. 

As for the NCAA I've long called it Nazi Commies Against Athletes. It's corrupt, power hungry, greedy, and doesn't want to share with the athletes. 

I wouldn’t say SC played dirty but I understand what you are talking about. They took advantage of what the refs allowed them to do. The post guy would make room with his elbow by beating it against our chest and when we stood our ground, we got called for the foul. I can’t blame SC for doing that when the refs let them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PowellVolz said:

I wouldn’t say SC played dirty but I understand what you are talking about. They took advantage of what the refs allowed them to do. The post guy would make room with his elbow by beating it against our chest and when we stood our ground, we got called for the foul. I can’t blame SC for doing that when the refs let them.

I was very frustrated watching the game, and not just because I am a Tennessee fan.  The amount of aggression they allowed SC in the second half while calling numerous touch fouls on us early changed the complexion of the game, IMO.  I will say even with that against them if TN simply hits layups and FT's, they win by 10.  Their D was good enough to win that game 99 out of 100 times.  TN has shooters.  It's inconceivable to me they shoot that poorly from 3 in their home gym.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

We gettin' ready to fix that problem for ya.  LOL.  The battle is under way.  Donde vs the NCAA.  

I hope all other SEC schools will join the lawsuit with TN and VA.  It's time to disband the NCAA.   

I'd equate it to conservatives being targeted in politics while certain liberals get a total pass.  Anyone remember the NC academic scandal, LSU's Will Wade being caught on tape paying players before NIL, AL covering up drug/gun incidents, paying players, etc...., The NCAA acting on transfers before the portal in less than a week while sitting on others for months.  The list goes on and on.    It's time they either go or be cut down to size.

• Like 7

I was very frustrated watching the game, and not just because I am a Tennessee fan.  The amount of aggression they allowed SC in the second half while calling numerous touch fouls on us early changed the complexion of the game, IMO.  I will say even with that against them if TN simply hits layups and FT's, they win by 10.  Their D was good enough to win that game 99 out of 100 times.  TN has shooters.  It's inconceivable to me they shoot that poorly from 3 in their home gym.  

I have a concern but there’s good and bad with it. I’m afraid we are standing around waiting on DK to take over the game. This started during the Florida game weeks ago. He scored 20 pts in the last 7 min of the first half. Ever since then, we just stand around and wait on him to do his thing. It’s amazing he can still do that considering it’s 1 on 5 on the offensive side.

So the good thing is at least it’s happening now instead of at the end of the year. This is fixable and there’s plenty of time to fix it.

Did the NCAA try to hijack the Mjo plots this morning? Lol, for some reason they aren’t displaying right. It’s like a kid took a marker and drew lines all the way from phase 7 through the circle and at the border of phase 3 and 4 across and off the chart haha! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m at Avalon playing golf (beautiful day) and I can see the windmills on top of Wind Rock.

Rub it in!!!! I’m gonna try Island Pointe next week!!

Here’s the windmills up close…..well, as close as I could legally get. Pretty massive!!63352f94a80ae5361d53d14c24392186.jpg

• Like 3

Sports has gotten out of control in all areas because of money and the fans are the ones that are paying for it 

Baseball look at how the Dodgers found a way to exploit the Ohtani contract,Hes getting paid a annual  salary of 2M$ plus deferred payments of 68M$ between 2033 TO 2043 so they can just try and win a championship.

Look at the NFL,they are now trying to make this into a international and PPV game.Look at all the price hikes some teams are doing starting next season is just insane.Plus the Super Bowl,for a 20 person suite you pay between 1.4M$-2.5M$, for up to 20  people that is insane,price of a beer$20,if you wanna a hot dog its only $12.75..lmao

Now to college sports what are the rules?The NCAA has been corrupt now for decades.It seems the BIG-10 and SEC are getting pissed off and maybe had enough and formed a advisory group together this week,but its hard to read between the lines what is going on.But NIL ,shoot some college players soon will be able to retire before even leaving college if not already

The sports world has become Insanity for fans,it's suppose to be entertainment not a business not for you morage your house to watch a game,its out of control !!

• Like 4

On 2/3/2024 at 7:50 PM, jaxjagman said:

Sports has gotten out of control in all areas because of money and the fans are the ones that are paying for it 

Baseball look at how the Dodgers found a way to exploit the Ohtani contract,Hes getting paid a annual  salary of 2M$ plus deferred payments of 68M$ between 2033 TO 2043 so they can just try and win a championship.

Look at the NFL,they are now trying to make this into a international and PPV game.Look at all the price hikes some teams are doing starting next season is just insane.Plus the Super Bowl,for a 20 person suite you pay between 1.4M$-2.5M$, for up to 20  people that is insane,price of a beer$20,if you wanna a hot dog its only $12.75..lmao

Now to college sports what are the rules?The NCAA has been corrupt now for decades.It seems the BIG-10 and SEC are getting pissed off and maybe had enough and formed a advisory group together this week,but its hard to read between the lines what is going on.But NIL ,shoot some college players soon will be able to retire before even leaving college if not already

The sports world has become Insanity for fans,it's suppose to be entertainment not a business not for you morage your house to watch a game,its out of control !!

Spot on truth.  Ohio state has an estimated $18 million in NIL deals.  That’s called buying the championship.  Same as pro sports. Manning at TX has made over $3 million & never played a down yet.  Caleb Downs from Bama to Ohio State is estimated to have been paid $1.5 million to sign with Ohio State. TX paid all their lineman $50k bonus at end of season.  Out of top 10 schools spending on NIL.  Only 1 school is in top 10.  That is UGA.   Now we see why Saban & eventually all the good coaches will do.  They will retire or go to the NFL.  Steel DC who just retired said he & Saban would visit kids in last 3-4 months.  The parents would look at them and say “We know we can win a title & go to the nfl with Alabama.  Problem is you are not even in the ballpark of the amount of money we have been offered”.  That is Alabama they are saying that to. The GOAT of college football.  It’s not about winning anymore.  It’s all about the money.  Now you see Pitino saying it’s out of hand. Just wait in 2-3 years we will have $5-$10 million NIL bonuses to 1 player.  That’s more than NFL rookies sign for.  Why even leave college.  

• Like 2

Cold core setups do weird things, but often photogenic things.

Saturday on the hardwood Eve. Tennessee goes on the road in what's pretty much a must win game. Gotta get Ws on the road. Kentucky will win hosting Gonzaga. Kansas will win hosting Baylor. 

Alabama and Auburn are both on the road. I have no idea. Couple other Big 12 games that might be interesting are TCU at Iowa St. and Oklahoma bedlam.

• Like 2

College football can burn at this point.  Bama had Grubb as their OC all of 3 weeks. Lol.  None of these coaches are going to stick around when the NFL calls.  Just wait till spring & after the first 3 games of next season. The portal will be beyond full.  The teams now paying millions will only increase their payouts.  Ohio State has bought their championship.  Texas right behind them. I see Sanders, Kiffin, Kirby, Haupel all going to pros in next 2-3 years tops.  Why work 365 days when in pros you work 5-6 months a year.

If you have not read what Locksley said about it all.  Go read it.  A 3rd string RB asking for $100k!  lol! 

• Sad 1

Cicadas! Brood XIX, the Great Southern brood will be emerging this spring, most likely in April/May. Last time they emerged was 2011, not long after the April 27 tornado outbreak. We had so many cicadas in our neighborhood that they covered the houses and the sound was deafening.

IMG_1910.thumb.webp.d0bdce00e847af6502349ea469c82df2.webp

• Like 2

Masters of the Air has been really good.  There was a 75% casualty rate for the 100th.  50% of our WW2 airmen never made it home.  I cannot imagine getting into a plane, dealing w/ -40 to -60F temps, being shot at, maybe bailing out of a plane pulling crazy Gs, and then if you were lucky, limping home in a badly beat-up Fortress and changing gears mentally to exist in a place that had no idea what type of tempest you had been in just 4-5 hours earlier.   Courage doesn't begin to describe what they did.  

I saw a guy pumping gas w/ a ww2 veteran license place last weekend.  Just doing the math, he was probably 95+ years old.  He looked every bit of it, but he pumped his own gas in his truck, hopped into the driver's seat, and sped off down the road...I couldn't keep up.  

• Like 4

Here are two home videos I have uploaded to YouTube of the 1987 snowstorm. Sorry if the quality is poor, I am certainly no camera man! Ignore my crazy daughter squalling in the background lol. The people in the videos are my uncle, aunt and cousin. Oh, and their dog "Moose" lol. According to my grandmother they received 34 inches when it was all said and done. I figured some of you guys might enjoy some never before seen footage of a great storm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BuCoVaWx said:

Here are two home videos I have uploaded to YouTube of the 1987 snowstorm. Sorry if the quality is poor, I am certainly no camera man! Ignore my crazy daughter squalling in the background lol. The people in the videos are my uncle, aunt and cousin. Oh, and their dog "Moose" lol. According to my grandmother they received 34 inches when it was all said and done. I figured some of you guys might enjoy some never before seen footage of a great storm.

Appreciate it man ! Really great to see these from then!!! 

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2024 at 1:27 PM, Carvers Gap said:

Masters of the Air has been really good.  There was a 75% casualty rate for the 100th.  50% of our WW2 airmen never made it home.  I cannot imagine getting into a plane, dealing w/ -40 to -60F temps, being shot at, maybe bailing out of a plane pulling crazy Gs, and then if you were lucky, limping home in a badly beat-up Fortress and changing gears mentally to exist in a place that had no idea what type of tempest you had been in just 4-5 hours earlier.   Courage doesn't begin to describe what they did.  

I saw a guy pumping gas w/ a ww2 veteran license place last weekend.  Just doing the math, he was probably 95+ years old.  He looked every bit of it, but he pumped his own gas in his truck, hopped into the driver's seat, and sped off down the road...I couldn't keep up.  

Definitely worth the watch