• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall/Winter Banter - Football, Basketball, Snowball?

John1122

2 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

Prayers for Damar Hamlin and his family.  

Most definitely.  The NFL needs to reevaluate what’s important. $$$ or a human life.  It’s sad that 2 coaches & players had to cancel that game.  The NFL has become a disgusting organization.  Putting players health & injuries last & $$$ first. 

• Like 1

Still praying for Damar Hamlin and the Bills. Chiefs fan here wanted to see Cincy win (KC home field concerns) but all of a sudden that does not matter. We just need son, brother, cousin, player, friend Damar to get well. Description borrowed from Jason Gay, WSJ sportswriter.

After reading Jason's column from today I had to read his more typical fun one from yesterday. Talks about Rodgers and Brady back from the abyss. He also mentions TCU in college - yeah Big 12! I think one thing we Big 12 and SEC people can agree on, watching the Big Ten go down in flames, lol!

Both Kansas schools lost Bowls to their SEC opponents, but at least my KU kept it close with Ark. How about them Vols! I told y'all Tennessee would win the Orange Bowl. Forecast verification!

• Like 10

17 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

16- run to start the game!  I completely forgot about it.  I got caught up watching a guy restore an old barn in Montana, and just missed it.  

I had a friend who laid some money on Ms State to be the first team to 10 points.........  He had lost 17 of his last 20 bets.  I texted him and told him this of course means TN opens with a 10-0 run.  Didn't see 16-0, but he's been on a bad bad losing streak.... lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

I need someone to explain to me in interpretive dance whether or not winter is over. 

Calling winter over in early January, after the best blocking we have seen develop in December in probably 20 years..................... is like calling the football game a loss after the FCS school goes down and kicks a FG to go up 3-0 against an SEC school with 11:42 left in the 1st quarter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 1/3/2023 at 10:11 AM, nrgjeff said:

Still praying for Damar Hamlin and the Bills. Chiefs fan here wanted to see Cincy win (KC home field concerns) but all of a sudden that does not matter. We just need son, brother, cousin, player, friend Damar to get well. Description borrowed from Jason Gay, WSJ sportswriter.

After reading Jason's column from today I had to read his more typical fun one from yesterday. Talks about Rodgers and Brady back from the abyss. He also mentions TCU in college - yeah Big 12! I think one thing we Big 12 and SEC people can agree on, watching the Big Ten go down in flames, lol!

Both Kansas schools lost Bowls to their SEC opponents, but at least my KU kept it close with Ark. How about them Vols! I told y'all Tennessee would win the Orange Bowl. Forecast verification!

I hope Hamlin will recover! I was at the Cincy-Bills game as a Bills fan. It was a great atmosphere....until it wasn't. Cincy fans were top notch and there was nothing but respect. I think we all knew that the game wasn't going to go on after the ambulance left the field, just from the players reactions, but almost everyone stayed until about 10 minutes before they "officially" announced the game wasn't going to continue. If they reschedule the game, I'm not sure if I can go back, but I believe the Bills play at Cincy next year if they win the division so I'll try and go back next year. I've been to a Titans & Panthers home game and Cincy pre-game was 10x better than any of those games.

I'm also a Georgia fan, so this past weekend was an extremely stressful weekend sports wise.

• Like 5

This is one of the most extreme forecasts I've ever seen. Not sure how it doesn't trigger a blizzard warning.

Tonight Snow, mainly after 10pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Temperature rising to around 30 by 5am. Strong and damaging winds, with a south wind 45 to 55 mph increasing to 55 to 65 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 95 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.
Monday Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Temperature falling to around 21 by 5pm. Strong and damaging winds, with a south wind 70 to 75 mph decreasing to 60 to 65 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 115 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 30 to 36 inches possible.
Monday Night Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 19. Very windy, with a south wind 35 to 45 mph, with gusts as high as 65 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.
Tuesday Snow, mainly before 4pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 26. Very windy, with a southwest wind 40 to 45 mph decreasing to 35 to 40 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 65 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 16 inches possible.
Tuesday Night A 50 percent chance of snow, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Very windy, with a southwest wind 40 to 45 mph, with gusts as high as 70 mph. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jaxjagman said:

I swear Kentucky has the most weird basketball program,seriously thought Tn would crush them

I knew this was going to be a tough one.  UK was told all week that they were not good, and couldn't win.  The problem is those guys are loaded w/ 5* talent that just needed some motivation.  Oscar is maybe the best post player in the nation.  He was an incredible player this afternoon.

4 hours ago, Matthew70 said:

That’s amazing & beautiful. Looks like a hurricane.  Did the GFS not model a hurricane recently? 

This was the system at one point (briefly) modeled to phase and move due north and slow to a crawl I believe…..  giving east TN and the apps a winter storm.  Seems it happened, just in the western Atlantic vs the east coast.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

I knew this was going to be a tough one.  UK was told all week that they were not good, and couldn't win.  The problem is those guys are loaded w/ 5* talent that just needed some motivation.  Oscar is maybe the best post player in the nation.  He was an incredible player this afternoon.

Yeah they have consumed alot of talk on our sports talk radio stations here calling for JC to get fired,then they pull off this upset.But this is KY basketball it seems,you never count them out,just strange tho