• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Fall/Winter Banter - Football, Basketball, Snowball?

John1122

10 minutes ago, jaxjagman said:

Can someone explain the lack of fire flies this year,its so odd.I usually go out on my deck at dusk and the bats are every where chasing them,i havent seen one bat this year.I had a fire fly land on my monitor the other night and i turned my lights off to watch it flash..lol.Just so weird not seeing them

We had a normal amount of fireflies it seemed like to me.  They do like wet weather though and struggle more in drought years, so if you were dry in late spring and early summer it might hamper your area a bit. Otherwise, I can't explain it. 

It's been a minute so I'm catching up. Yes @jaxjagman we had BN fireflies in Chattanooga. I was disappointed because I wanted to show the Baby. Older kid is just like whatever Dad. Can we get the telescope out? So there's hope!

How about them Vols!? Road win at Pitt was gutsy. Probably would have won big at home. Kansas also with the road win at West Virginia! Hopefully many of their annoying basketball fans saw that, lol.

The other upsets mentioned above @John1122 were good entertainment. Wisconsin might get honorable mention for the choke trophy. Marshall really appreciated the win at ND as they soaked in the moment with graciousness. Cool! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 10:33 AM, nrgjeff said:

It's been a minute so I'm catching up. Yes @jaxjagman we had BN fireflies in Chattanooga. I was disappointed because I wanted to show the Baby. Older kid is just like whatever Dad. Can we get the telescope out? So there's hope!

How about them Vols!? Road win at Pitt was gutsy. Probably would have won big at home. Kansas also with the road win at West Virginia! Hopefully many of their annoying basketball fans saw that, lol.

The other upsets mentioned above @John1122 were good entertainment. Wisconsin might get honorable mention for the choke trophy. Marshall really appreciated the win at ND as they soaked in the moment with graciousness. Cool! 

Starting to think the lack of fireflies around here is more related to the development in Williamson Co.But we still have woods,but we also had a bigger deer population around here,even those are getting scarce but that has to do with development i am sure

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wasn't able to watch much of the game. From what you post, and looking at the gamecast graph on ESPN I can deduce Colorado played zone D. Is that right?

Vols need to penetrate that. Drive inside. High-Low is OK but don't just chuck 3s without probing. Otherwise, every team will play zone.

I can't stand zone D. It should be punished with drives inside, drawing fouls, and even taking offensive fouls to establish physicality. 

10 hours ago, nrgjeff said:

I wasn't able to watch much of the game. From what you post, and looking at the gamecast graph on ESPN I can deduce Colorado played zone D. Is that right?

Vols need to penetrate that. Drive inside. High-Low is OK but don't just chuck 3s without probing. Otherwise, every team will play zone.

I can't stand zone D. It should be punished with drives inside, drawing fouls, and even taking offensive fouls to establish physicality. 

Pretty bad loss to a team that had a rough outing against Grambllng.

• Sad 1

Thankfully I missed all the news from Poland to Florida last night. Also did Taylor Swift have some sort of big ticket sale? It was the Champions Classic! Dickie V was back. All basketball baby!

Michigan State "upset" Kentucky. MSU was already tested at Gonzaga while everyone else played small schools. No surprise MSU covered the spread, but I was surprised they won outright.

Kansas upset Duke with stifling defense and coordinated (assists) efficient offense. It was a thing of beauty. 

Need to see the Vols do similar things. They have the talent. Colorado zone D just frustrated them, which is common early season. By January I bet Tennessee will shred any zone D. Did I mention I can't stand zone D? Unless my team is using it, lol!

• Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving! It has been a nice day chillin' with family in Chattanooga and watching more basketball than football. Multiple college games went into OT.

Yes Kansas and Tennessee have a date Friday for the Battle for Atlantis Championship. I think we've met in that tournament before. Plus we scheduled home-and-home a couple recent years. So, Kansas and Tennessee is a wonderful holiday tradition!

I'm going to try and just enjoy the game. I've come to really like Tennessee sports, but there's no place like home. My prediction, Final score within 2 either way. Cheers!

• Like 5

Turnovers were atrocious for both teams. Kansas needs to solve its size problem. After Duke I said it's how you work it. After Tennessee I see Kansas has a problem. 

Tennessee sharpened up second half. After my mental wounds heal I can get back to cheering for the Vols when they are not playing Kansas. Tennessee has a shot at winning the SEC, though it's not easy. SEC West has good teams too.

Football today has offered closer more exciting games than pre-game spreads, which is nice. Later I probably don't want to watch the Sunflower State Showdown. Tennessee at Vanderbilt sounds better. 

• Like 1