• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall/Winter Banter - Football, Basketball, Snowball?

John1122

The real question of the day.. Tennessee will almost certainly beat Florida tonight. Will the Vols cover the spread?
UPDATE: The question of Feb. GFS gets Chattanooga good snow almost on the exact two year anniversary. 
I would like it to stick a round for a few days if we get anything. February 2020 laid down a nice, heavy, wet 3-4" in Ooltewah. 4 hours later it had melted away.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

@Holston_River_Rambler, we have a new weather teleconnection/model.  It is called the HHIW(Hoop House in Winter) model. It seems to be more effective than the TIMS.  We built the garden hoop house yesterday.  About 26 hours later, I had to go shake it in order to get the snow off of it.  

That's good, we need multiple models, if we can get a couple more we'll throw together an east TN ensemble! 

• Like 1

Missouri is going to get absolutely drilled with ice storm and snow storm. They don't call it the Show-Me State for nothing!

Tennessee will almost certainly win tonight but I don't know about the spread. Auburn should win but Bama likes to rise to the occasion. LSU spread is ludicrous, but they will win.

Kansas will lose. If Iowa state goes to say +6.5 I bet against Kansas. Texas Tech looks like the best Big 12 bet tonight. Kentucky and Duke are Final Four bound - excellent on the road.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nrgjeff said:

Missouri is going to get absolutely drilled with ice storm and snow storm. They don't call it the Show-Me State for nothing!

Tennessee will almost certainly win tonight but I don't know about the spread. Auburn should win but Bama likes to rise to the occasion. LSU spread is ludicrous, but they will win.

Kansas will lose. If Iowa state goes to say +6.5 I bet against Kansas. Texas Tech looks like the best Big 12 bet tonight. Kentucky and Duke are Final Four bound - excellent on the road.

UK and Duke are just juggernauts.  Auburn is as well.  LSU has potential.  

Tennessee has to go to a guard heavy line-up or one of our bigs has to get hot.  And I do think JF is going to finish the year with a flurry of good games.  He is a Kingsport player.  He is tough because of that.  This might be one year where the Vols have not peaked early.   TN doesn't have the talent of other teams, but they like to fight(and get into fights).  That will help come tourney time.  

• Like 1

Don't ask that question in the South, lol! My Cousin Vinny is classic South too.

Tennessee, Auburn and LSU should have wins but all are on the road. UK at Bama may be more interesting than whatever spread comes out. Ole Miss at Florida and MSU at Arkansas might have tighter spreads, but who knows?

Over in the Big 12, tell me which Kansas shows up and I'll tell you if they beat Baylor. It is a home game, but so was Kentucky. Bedlam (OU at OSU) will be a barn burner but I favor home team.

Auburn escaped another win.Not sure what to think about this team.When they are on they are awesome but they seem to get over confident at times and look just bad.Great teams will put the dagger in you and never look back,tells me Auburn can be beat anyday.Kessler is a freak tho,so glad he came to Auburn

I meant to post this yesterday but didn't get a chance:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611f6dd10bf7eb0f5007d

Never forget, First Creek Flamingo guy at the Fellini Kroger:

https://www.knoxtntoday.com/floating-the-flood-flamingo-mans-not-done-yet/

https://www.knoxnews.com/picture-gallery/news/2020/02/07/knoxville-flooding-high-waters-no-match-man-and-his-unicorn/4692960002/ 

• Haha 3

For all you who think SEC refs are biased, Big 12 gave a clinic on poor officiating last night. Kansas was gang raped at the post and hardly any of it was called. Could have scored 4-6 extra points off free-throws. Texas got plenty of ticky tacky calls against KU. Normally officiating isn't an excuse, but this game was scripted to keep the Big 12 close for TV revenue. 

On 1/28/2022 at 10:13 PM, Carvers Gap said:

@Holston_River_Rambler, we have a new weather teleconnection/model.  It is called the HHIW(Hoop House in Winter) model. It seems to be more effective than the TIMS.  We built the garden hoop house yesterday.  About 26 hours later, I had to go shake it in order to get the snow off of it.  

@John1122

I'm adding the JiC (John in Chatt) to be like the MJO, that is if John knows the general weeks he has to go to Chatt each winter. We can even create plots. 

Current conditions

bN9Q4sq.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4