• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall/Winter Banter - Football, Basketball, Snowball?

John1122

5 hours ago, nrgjeff said:

Tennessee description from @Carvers Gap is a carbon copy of Kansas. I'm not taking KU or UT on the road or if the spreads are wide at home. Speaking of LSU, they won again for me last night. @jaxjagman Auburn is also fun to watch.

Kentucky will be in the SEC mix of course. All I know is watching SEC basketball is much better than the Big 12 for my blood press. Sure I pull for Tennessee, but it's not quite as stressful as Kansas.

Alabama should have beaten Auburn.Auburn quite a bit puts the gas pedal down at times then it's like they get over confident and blows it.We have a good team no doubt but how good are we?I haven't a clue yet

Regarding the Volcano @Holston_River_Rambler I saw somewhere in Twitter it ejected a tiny fraction of the SOx of Pinatubo - and another big one. I forgot the name and can't find the tweet. Apparently it's not in that thread. Saw over the weekend.

Context is that this eruption will do nothing to pause the global warming trend. However dust and particulates was not addressed. So I bring more questions than answers. Kind of like winter forecasting, lol!

• Thanks 1

I figured this post belongs here so I don't clutter up the main threads. Question for any admins. If there is a pending storm I read some posts from different people on their current weather conditions, whether it's in this sub-forum or other ones on this board. For some reason locations are no longer showing. I like to see where people are located to compare to the Chattanooga area to get an idea if we "might" get some of the same weather. I can't find anything in settings I might have accidentally clicked.

If it matters I read this on my phone using Tapatalk. Its always showed location on this sub-forum but not so much in the southern states sub-forum. Now all locations are missing. Thanks for answering if you have an answer.

Screenshot is used for an example.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

76e7a4a8cf9db8f384d05b0e86a65b3e.jpg

I think I saw someone ask this in one of the other forum areas. They said to turn your phone sideways and for some reason that would show the location when it doesn't if your phone is vertical. Give that a try and see if it works. i ay be misremembering that though so if that is the case, apologies. 

• Thanks 1

Anyway @Uncle Nasty I'm still in Chattanooga. Obs you can just see what @dwagner88 posts. He's usually first and I do not repeat since we're 3 blocks apart. 

Sports news Kansas failed to cover the spread. Got the moneyline but missed the spread. Tennessee rescued my night! Profitable!!

Sports betting is going way better than stock picking. Heck it's all gambling. Go with what works!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nrgjeff said:

Yeah I'm going to have to reject that ice forecast in the utility business. Just no!

I bet the main January thread is depressing. Do I even want to look?

Welllllll… The thing that is depressing me is the higher heating bill that will be coming for this dry & cold wx. :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

If the US would drill more that'd be less of a problem. Also export to Germany to fend off Russia. Then replace gas fired generation by re-opening coal plants. Or fast track Nuclear. Finally more pumped storage. National and Economic Security require all of the above!

Thoughts are my own.

• Like 3

Auburn got it done on CBS! Did they get in? Camping out for basketball takes me back to college, and some cold days in Lawrence, Kansas.

And since UT Chatt didn't cover the spread, I'll double down on Kansas. Not necessarily responsible gaming, but it seems like the thing to do, ha.

LSU at Tennessee should be another barn burner. Great to see all this excellent basketball across the SEC!

10 minutes ago, nrgjeff said:

Auburn got it done on CBS! Did they get in? Camping out for basketball takes me back to college, and some cold days in Lawrence, Kansas.

And since UT Chatt didn't cover the spread, I'll double down on Kansas. Not necessarily responsible gaming, but it seems like the thing to do, ha.

LSU at Tennessee should be another barn burner. Great to see all this excellent basketball across the SEC!

Two thing I say to myself every saturday:

1) how is will wade still coaching after the fbi tapes?

2) how is Bruce Pearl still coaching aftrr the Chuck Persons scandal?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nrgjeff said:

Who knew TN would smoke LSU??? GO VOLS!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Bigbald said:

Two thing I say to myself every saturday:

1) how is will wade still coaching after the fbi tapes?

2) how is Bruce Pearl still coaching aftrr the Chuck Persons scandal?

You can't fire someone without proof they did anything.Pearl suspended Person when he found out,then later fired him.Everyone cheats in the NCAA,its just the matter of not getting caught.Now players get paid anyways.I'm surprised more players opt out early now from college,shoot you could seemingly retire after 4 or 5 years and still get a degree for a few big name players

As I watch former Kansas player De Sousa play for Chattanooga I think of how badly the NCAA screwed him (and KU) to make some sort of point. Spare the super-majors like UNC (fake classes) but hit one just big enough to make a story (KU).

So happy for D'Sousa doing well at UTC and he's the leading scorer in the Southern Conference. F* the NCAA - nazi commies against athletes!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nrgjeff said:

As I watch former Kansas player De Sousa play for Chattanooga I think of how badly the NCAA screwed him (and KU) to make some sort of point. Spare the super-majors like UNC (fake classes) but hit one just big enough to make a story (KU).

So happy for D'Sousa doing well at UTC and he's the leading scorer in the Southern Conference. F* the NCAA - nazi commies against athletes!

Right,the infraction committee is a f'n joke

• Like 3