• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall/Winter Banter - Football, Basketball, Snowball?

John1122

I felt the same watching the Chiefs. When they looked awful I actually said out loud, I wish CBS would have saved me the pain and just shown Baltimore here!

Things turned around of course. Why can't we have normal wins anymore? Always with a side order of heart attack, lol!

Meanwhile the Saints choked last night. What is it with the NFC South? Can't stand the Raiders!

Gruden is a good coach and I think he might surprise some people in the AFC West this year. Jacobs is talented, Waller is amazing and Carr looks like he did a few years ago when he was playing well.

Dallas did it all Sunday, three 1st quarter turnovers that  led to 20 points. Blown tackles, missed coverages. The defense was atrocious. Hopefully it's just a blip, the defense played well vs the Rams in week one.  There were a ton of injuries. My poor fantasy team has IR and D/Q all over it today. At least I don't have Barkley but I do have multiple 49ers, even though I hate them worse than any team in the league. I have the KC running back, so hopefully he is more in his week one form the rest of the way instead of his week two form.  

• Like 1

Yes 1989 was the winter of record back in KC. All-time record low was set two nights in a row at -23 F. However that's for MCI since 1973. I think Downtown MKC has a colder older record, but that'll stand due to the urban heat island now.

Apparently the 1989 wavelength was fairly big if Kansas and Tennessee followed the same pattern, vs cutter city over here. The blowtorch second half was the same too. Wow back in the days we had full latitude troughs for everyone!

Other big years 1985 was more over here, cold but nothing spectacular in the Central Plains. 2000 was more there than here. I was about to put this in Fall; then, realized it's winter. All the out-of-region stuff I'll go Banter.

Now in 2020 I'll go stubborn SER for at least southeast Tenn. I could see northeast Tennessee doing fine in La Nina. Then when the trough is Central US, a nice Mid South winter hammer. Everyone but CHA and HSV. Barring a one-day miracle. :weenie:

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, nrgjeff said:

Yes 1989 was the winter of record back in KC. All-time record low was set two nights in a row at -23 F. However that's for MCI since 1973. I think Downtown MKC has a colder older record, but that'll stand due to the urban heat island now.

Apparently the 1989 wavelength was fairly big if Kansas and Tennessee followed the same pattern, vs cutter city over here. The blowtorch second half was the same too. Wow back in the days we had full latitude troughs for everyone!

Other big years 1985 was more over here, cold but nothing spectacular in the Central Plains. 2000 was more there than here. I was about to put this in Fall; then, realized it's winter. All the out-of-region stuff I'll go Banter.

Now in 2020 I'll go stubborn SER for at least southeast Tenn. I could see northeast Tennessee doing fine in La Nina. Then when the trough is Central US, a nice Mid South winter hammer. Everyone but CHA and HSV. Barring a one-day miracle. :weenie:

Great post!  Wouldn't bother me a bit if it was in the winter thread or pattern thread.  

• Like 2

That's good news, except for more of those snow clown maps on Twitter, lol! Euro at times gets even more carried away than the GFS, depending on the vendor algorithm. 

Baseball wild card was fun. Games all day like March Madness. Still have a ton of sports overlapping now with the NBA Finals, MLB playoffs, and lots of football.

Ironic that after missing sports for several months, we now enjoy a huge sports period that started with the NHL and NBA playoffs. Now college football is full steam ahead.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Couldn't resist:

giphy.gif

Sorry Jeff :( 

On the 6z GEFS and 0z EPS...d10-11 looks nice.  That type of deep trough could be mischief in terms of an early season storm.  Of course, way out there....but that is the kind of look that could pull a tropical system into something that goes hybrid.  Wouldn't be surprised for the mountains to see something around that time frame.   It would also fit the pattern of the past few years of early cold and winter precip....and then crap.  LOL. 

• Like 1

I really like the idea of pattern discussion in the Banter Thread.  Way more laid back....LOL. Been hurrying up and waiting for like two years in terms of weather.  What is weird is that Kentucky games are always cold.  Played it earlier this year and tried to full Mother Nature....and she still figured it out.  Just give me cold and Dec 5th(as cold as reasonably possible) for the Florida game.  

O ho ho, fantasy storm on the 6z GFS:

giphy.gif

Annnddddd look what happens if you suspend disbelief and pick the best ratio:

giphy.gif

What's the Euro going for at that time (doesn't quite go out that far) you might ask...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Will we have the perfunctory Halloween-La Nina snow to accompany Jeff's Halloween cold front? 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 7:11 AM, Holston_River_Rambler said:

O ho ho, fantasy storm on the 6z GFS:

giphy.gif

Annnddddd look what happens if you suspend disbelief and pick the best ratio:

giphy.gif

What's the Euro going for at that time (doesn't quite go out that far) you might ask...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Will we have the perfunctory Halloween-La Nina snow to accompany Jeff's Halloween cold front? 

LaNina footprints all over it,we get early snow and think its gonna be a great winter,then we get stabbed in the back..lol

• Like 1