Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
TD Sally

jrips27

1 hour ago, NEGa said:

2.9” so far  and still counting lol

4.35 here but I'm a bit disappointed. By yesterday I  knew the totals would likely be less than 6 to 8 with models being a bit faster, further south,  and showing more like 4 to 6 but given my location in relation to the center, I thought i still had a decent shot of 6 or 7.  But heaviest stayed to the south..and even to the west..where they didnt get persistent little breaks in the heavier rain like here last night. Indeed 5 to 6 inch amounts are not that far away.. Good job by ffc with their forecast imo...likewise with gsp. 

Can't say the same for the gfs...it was consistently too far northwest with the axis of heaviest precip and totally missed the very heavy amounts across Central ga. Euro was too slow and wet and uk too far south with the rest doing OK in general. 

Glad to have gotten this rain as its been drier here than most areas nearby for the last few months. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lookout said:

4.35 here but I'm a bit disappointed. By yesterday I  knew the totals would likely be less than 6 to 8 with models being a bit faster, further south,  and showing more like 4 to 6 but given my location in relation to the center, I thought i still had a decent shot of 6 or 7.  But heaviest stayed to the south..and even to the west..where they didnt get persistent little breaks in the heavier rain like here last night. Indeed 5 to 6 inch amounts are not that far away.. Good job by ffc with their forecast imo...likewise with gsp. 

Can't say the same for the gfs...it was consistently too far northwest with the axis of heaviest precip and totally missed the very heavy amounts across Central ga. Euro was too slow and wet and uk too far south with the rest doing OK in general. 

Glad to have gotten this rain as its been drier here than most areas nearby for the last few months. 

I was a bit too.  I thought at least 4” here and since it’s been pretty boring wx lately it was nice to have at least something. It’s over here - just cloudy with drizzle.  Will check when I get home but pretty sure I topped 3” but not much more. 

20 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Seems like Sally lost some of the tropical moisture connection or was it robbed by some of the thunderstorms that formed?

Yea, what’s strange is it turned into a large area of stratiform rain. Almost no tropical downpours, which we almost always see with these systems. My guess was the wedge overperformed (shocker) and it lost some moisture as the boundary level flow cancelled the tropical connection. That and the fact sally wasn’t able to maintain as a tropical produced an overrunning event that expanded coverage of rain but decreased rates and flooding potential. It’s also ending much earlier than expected. Per nws I was supposed to rain through tomorrow morning with 2-3” tonight on top of my “1-2” from today but I see the back edge approaching and I’m only at 1.10.”  I’m seriously doubting We even hit 2”. My farm in Franklin county, however, somehow is going on 4.” Something must have moved through there overnight 

• Like 2

T-Storm(s),    Very heavy, RAIN ATM, with Pea sized Hail, Lotsa Lighting & Thunder, (currently)..

Winds outta the SW-SSW at 18 mph, gusting to, (peak wind gust(s) 56MPH !) .. Here on the ICW..

We are under a Tornado Watch(s).. 

Temp: 75F
Pressure: 29.8 in
Visibility: Almost ZERO
Dew Point: 74 F
Humidity: 91 %
Rainfall :0.33+++ (adding (ALOT) more ATM VERY HEAVY Precip)..