• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

25 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Such as Feb 2015, by far the coldest month in Buffalos history. These types of months are the rare exceptions to the rule. As long as we get snow I'm fine. We've been right around average for snowfall last 30 years, even a small increase actually.

https://www.weather.gov/buf/BUF_top10

In our lifetimes this area will still be one of the best metro areas in the US for snow. Just look at what the average high was for the week of one of the best storms in history, snovember. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Gfs yuck lol 

Even wrap around moisture in the form of rain..

Wow. The whole northern stream system is basically gone now.   Cold air is less deep and wraps in much earlier. This storm is just about done.  The northern stream storm is still in the gulf of Alaska (so maybe a sliver of hope yet) but this is trending in a really bad direction. 

• Like 1

If I was a betting person, I'd go with a solution closer to the EC than the GFS etal for next week.  We've seen this how many times in the past 2 decades?  Regardless, it's not much of anything snow-wise for most of us other than the usual bullseye LES spots off of Erie and the 6 toothless people living on the  Tug (excluding Wolfie of course ;) ).

• Haha 3

I'm new here, but damn you LE guys are something else... anything less than a foot is unmentionable. Yeah I have place (for now) with very notable elevation in Deleware co. That often leads to anomalous early andnlaye season snows...But coming from Queens anything over 40" is a great season. My new house in Amsterdam averages 70". Its usually going to be a boring way to average but God damn it's better than the <30" I'm used to. Yes I'm accustomed to ridiculous coastal storms with extreme solutions where you could get your seasonal average in a given system usually with true blizzard conditions but guys please calm down. You'll live with your 100"/yr.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

I'm new here, but damn you LE guys are something else... anything less than a foot is unmentionable. Yeah I have place (for now) with very notable elevation in Deleware co. That often leads to anomalous early andnlaye season snows...But coming from Queens anything over 40" is a great season. My new house in Amsterdam averages 70". Its usually going to be a boring way to average but God damn it's better than the <30" I'm used to. Yes I'm accustomed to ridiculous coastal storms with extreme solutions where you could get your seasonal average in a given system usually with true blizzard conditions but guys please calm down. You'll live with your 100"/yr.

200" or bust. Also has to include 1 3 footer minimum.

• Weenie 2

1 hour ago, Ericjcrash said:

:P Many of us live in these areas to get good snows. When the lake holds out on us, we become bitter spouses..................

• Haha 1

Cold and snowy conditions may start to appear the first week of Dec but who knows how long it will last cause its been tough around here to get any sustainable cold air as of late but we'll see. Once again, at least its behaving somewhat like Fall and not full blown Winter in November!

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1