• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

35 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

That has an odd look to it. One thing is guaranteed is the models are struggling like Joe Namath on Monday night football a decade or so ago talking to Suzy kolber 

Almost 20 years now.... "I just wanna kiss you" 

Lakes should open up early December for you lucky folk. Those of us in need of synoptic stuff will still need to wait.

• Haha 1

Pretty solid band of Lake effect precip over Madison county. Checked the webcams, and sure enough, it looks like a thin strip of the Canastota area is getting clobbered pretty good. Based on temps and what I've observed here, I am guessing it's heavy graupel falling there...making for easy accum. on the roads. The thruway looks dicey.

Here in NW Onondaga it's the usual Yaaaaawn. Mixed light rain and graupel showers.

Always thankful for webcams.

Image of Live Traffic

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I think it will haha. I don’t put a ton of stock into the very long range yet. I think we’ll see a good 4-6 week period from mid-December through much of January that’s driven by the Pacific. Of course, something can be + on the means but exact location of the ridging/trough matters a lot.

Our best LES events are in a -EPO - NAO. Give me that combo all day. Toss a little -AO in there too.

image.thumb.png.faa957c21cc48b41996f363310ed71cc.png

• Like 2

A rather substantial lake effect band set up over me last night.  Unfortunately temperatures were a degree or two too warm through most of it.  Towards the end the temperature fell to 32 and we were able to get a small slushy accumulation.  I measured 0.75 inch of liquid this morning.  If it was all snow at lake effect ratios there might be a foot of snow on the ground this morning. As it is I measured 0.4 inch of slush.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

So the 12z GFS...well...would be a monster if this scenario bears out...and shifts about 100 miles East...for the November 30th December 1st timeframe...queue whoever  can post it because I’m useless in this area...

GGEM shows the same thing. More lake effect to follow after 240.

image.thumb.png.6f06b3d8db5927d89891527e86d9fede.png

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1